Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Radio turning off when transmitting

Top Dawg
Top Dawg Member ✭✭
edited October 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am using a 6300 and this problem mirrors one I had a couple of years ago and I thought I had asked here but I can't find the solution that was proposed back then which, by the way, worked. If I remember correctly, the answer was to reload the software. I have been using the radio without incident until about two weeks ago.

When I try to initially use the built-in antenna tuner when first bringing SSDR up, the radio will power down. I am using v1.11.12.523 and reception seems to not affect the radio negatively even when left on for hours until I try to either transmit or use the tuner.

I am using Windows 7

Thanks for any help offered.
Robert K6YF ex-AA6UP

Comments

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I had a similar problem with my 6700 several months ago (before I upgraded to V2.x).  It turned out to be a problem with the power supply I was using.  I changed to a different power supply and the problem disappeared.
  • Top Dawg
    Top Dawg Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    That was it Ralph. Poor PS connection. Thanks

Robert K6YF
  • WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Another issue I have run into is when I switch bands and instead of hitting the tune button with low power, I may hit a transmit button in HRD or WSJT-X which uses full power.  I use an external auto-tuner, and the SWR will be momentarily off the charts as the rig transmits  with full power and the tuner searches for a match.  The rig will shut down due to low voltage. I am not sure if it is because of the current draw or RF getting into the shack.    

And one other thing I have noticed.  Although I love the PowerPole connectors, it seems they need to be "exercised" every so often to insure good contact.
    73, Bob WK2Y

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.