Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Radio stopped working - no receive and no transmit.

Rick Garan
Rick Garan Member
I have the Flex 6600. During an FT 8 QSO, the radio stopped working. The panadapters are blank on all bands, there is no audio, it will not transmit. I have limited ability with some of the functions. I can change bands and frequencies and change settings, but the radio will not receive or transmit. I have checked my antenna connection and it is ok. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Smart SDR 2.3.9. But this did not help. I don't know what else to do so I need your help.

Answers

• Wayne Michael
    Wayne Michael Member
    edited August 2018
    I have had this happen with "windows updates" or disconnecting and reconnected via remote desktop.   Usually just restart DAX and WSJT-X and everything goes back to working.  If there is another cure I'd be interested.
  • Wayne Michael
    Wayne Michael Member
    edited August 2018
    Sometimes windows update will corrupt your audio device descriptions and you have to go fix them manually or call flex and they can help do it over a remote session..
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Since this happened during a QSO, that would rule out a Windows 10 update. 
    Suggest trying a factory reset -AND- a reset of the persistence data base per:

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/sections/200358248-SmartSDR-Win-Tips-Tricks

The help note, third from the bottom details how to do both. 

GL
    k3Tim
  • Wayne Michael
    Wayne Michael Member
    edited August 2018
    Happening during a QSO doesn't rule out windows updates if automatic updates are on.

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Rick, can you look inside to make sure your heat sinks are in place? On the ADC boards?
  • Greg N8GD
    Greg N8GD Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Windows automatic updates will install to an extent, but the last few builds of Windows 10 (1709 & 1803) would ask you to restart the PC to complete the installation (effectively activating the updates after the reboot).  You would know if updates were being applied because it would only restart after notifying you if the PC was being actively used.  Running FT8 and SSDR would qualify as being in use.
  • Wayne Michael
    Wayne Michael Member
    edited August 2018
    I have had different experiences myself.   However it was just a possibility.. 
    For more annoying is when I am driving and my internet cuts out and my RDP session times out and I log back in I am having to restart DAX...   I am going to make a one-click button that restarts DAX then WSJT-X...   it happens too often.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    try a radio HARD Factory reset 
    73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.