Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Radio registration unsuccessful, could not access SmartLink Server

k3Tim
k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
I didn't want to blast the Community with this Q but in trying to open a ticket the system response it "  !   Requestor: Tim P....  is suspended"    

Ouch! that hurts...  :-) 

I am using Maestro to update to V2.0. Maestro is hardwired to switch with  6500 and connection to internet.  Followed procedure for Maestro, turning on uPNP on the LINKSYS LRT214  Gigabit VPN Router. Also, udp/tcp port forwarding setup per page 15 of the Quick Start Guide (for Maestro / V2).  I was going to attempt manual port forwarding to see if that corrected the "could not access" problem but can NOT manual configure the network, (per page 11) as there is no network settings selection below the REGISTER portion of the screen.

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    I have no idea why your account was suspended, but it is not any longer.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Tim - W4TME
    edited July 2017
    Try setting up your network using SmartSDR for Windows rather than the Maestro and see if that works any better.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Looks like Tim is in for an "all nighter." :)
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    The network options only become available AFTER the radio is registered with the hardware PTT. See the SmartLink Quick Start Guide for Maestro for more info.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    @K3TIM, you should only need to enable uPNP and not manual port forward. Here is a video I did showing the upgrade from 1.10.16 to 2.0, including setting up the SmartLink account and registering the radio. You can review the radio to see if possibly you missed a step. https://youtu.be/l1UaRxjfPAU Dave wo2x
  • Brenton Meadows
    edited July 2017
    No success after payment, have emailed matt details, it's 3am here, need sleep, leave it with you guys while I sleep for a few hours. Tim, Matt has all our details and definitive long term goals. Don't do my trick, get some sleep when the day ends tim, it will all be there tomorrow. 3.26am, brenton vk3cm Australia out cheers mate
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Thanks for the help so far and the Video....

going to Windows instead showed the radio with a 'buy' button. When I made the initial account on the server, I used Google to create it (while on Maestro),. Back on Windows, I see that account did not have my call sign so I added that and saved it. 

The S-SDR : V2 for windows  shows the 6500 but it insists the license needs to be purchased. A refresh doesn't help. The info from the pop-up menu shows all numbers match correctly.

If needed this can be converted to a ticket and tackled off-line. No hurries!
    Tim
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited July 2017
    I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution. 
  • Brenton Meadows
    edited July 2017
    Just as a follow up of Flexs great service, less than an hour later this was all go and 3 hours sleep and then back showing customers all day.  No 3am emails tonight Matt and Tim, your extremely safe, its 6pm in Australia and if I make it to 10pm, a miracle.
    Matt, we need to discuss our engineers meeting, I have had them locked away today but maybe some questions in the next 24 hours. Matt, I have private emailed you last night re this.
    Thanks to the team for all your help, I haven't even got to the screens on the computer yet, all my customers today just wanted to see the Maestro working off my cell phone hotspot and all were amazed.  Tomorrow, I will be refreshed, fire up the computer with dual screens, and then annoy you both. cheers Brenton VK3CM / VK5BM
    Proud Version 2 Flex6700 and Maestro owner. PS we would have paid more for the upgrade....it was a very generous cost for the features it supplied. Thank you again.
  • k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

The FRS team was able to analyze the problem and fix it. The problem was related to the radio not knowing it was signed up for V-2.0.  A Wireshark dump seemed to move things along. I had other obligations so my response to Flex was slow but they always answered quickly. 

Although uPnP was used at the start, this was disabled and the two ports manually setup. Pretty trivial stuff. Having the test feature on the Maestro for this portions of the setup was a big help!

WIth a  Verizon cellphone as a hot-spot remote operation works.

V 2 is smokin' !

Many Thanks!
    Tim

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.