Radio Power Down

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
I just got a new 6600 24 hours ago, and of course, there is a lot to learn. But, that is part of what makes a FLEX radio fun. Still, I'm nervous about a few things. I read in the hardware reference all one has to do to power down the radio is push the power button. Is that all that is required to get a safe power down? Nothing has to be done via software?
Photo of Bob Perkins

Bob Perkins

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Dante - KM6VMR

Dante - KM6VMR

• 7 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Power down is simply one push and your done.

Power up one push, let go and you’re done.

One more tip, please make sure you have the radio connected to an Ethernet port on your network router
(Edited)
Photo of Bob Perkins

Bob Perkins

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks,
Dante.
Photo of WX7Y

WX7Y

• 718 Posts
  • 145 Reply Likes
if your running SmartSDR then you want to shut it down before the Power button so it doesn't corrupt the settings.

Bret
WX7Y

Photo of Bob Perkins

Bob Perkins

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks for the heads up on that. There's a lot of questions I am sorting out with the manuals and experimenting.

Bob KU5J
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3634 Posts
  • 875 Reply Likes
All radio settings are stored in the radio, not the computer. The radio is designed to be turned off remotly by the use of the REM plug in the back.The radio powers on and off without the use of the power on button on the front. Because the computer has no sharing files with the radio corruption is not a problem.
(Edited)
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 1256 Posts
  • 470 Reply Likes
Just to throw it out there, these Flex radios also don't mind and I actually think they love to be left on 24/7.   I have mine on a battery backup and only power cycle it when needed.