Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

radio not connected message in version 2.130 with 6500 and multiple computers

Radio not connected messages on second and third computers in shack.  After upgrading to 6500 from the 6300 Radio is great and saw improvement this weekend during FMRE XE RTTY contest. I had upgraded to SMART SDR Ver 2.130 and find that the SMART CAT does not connect on any computer except the main ham computer. It always worked fine on the 6300 and version smart 2.19. Sometimes if I am doing other operations on the main ham computer I will go to the second Ham computer in the Ham Shack and operate WSJT Ver 1.8 and it always connected to the 6300. No matter what configuration I use FLEX 6.XXXX or any of the Kenwood version the WSJT will not configure the control and the CAT window from SMART CAT 2.13 show "RADIO NOT CONNECTED" This also will not let the SMART S Meter work either on the second computer. It always worked before on the 6300 and the Smart version 2.19? Anyone have a similar problem?? Any thoughts please. I can also be directly off Community with suggestions at n2bj@comcast.net.

Thanks 73   Barry  N2BJ 

Comments

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I have used software firewalls that required new rules after every smartsdr upgade, Disable your firewall and see if it helps.
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Barry this should work and I do this routinely.  As the contester I know you are,  I am glad you have moved to the 6500, it will fit your use case much better.  If you would like I would be happy to work with you offline on any issues you are having.  Some things to check would be local firewall settings, as well as ensuring you are on the same network with the other computer, and that you are certain the same version is installed on all your PC's.  If need be I can come in via team viewer and help out, I am sure we can square this away.  feel free to drop me a direct I am good on QRZ.

Chris
    N6WM
    Flex Contesting Champion
  • Barry J Cohen
    Barry J Cohen Member
    edited February 2018
    Working now! Thanks to all that replies. Once I got each of the computers to talk to the Radio it remembered the settings and S Meter is now working on each machine. Even WSJT is working now on alternate computers. The 6500 is great! Nice to have this FLEX Community with everyone helping out. What a pleasure!! Thanks again. 73 Barry
  • ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Great to hear Barry.  feel free to ping me if you need any contest related assistance.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.