Radio Lockups

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
I dont know if there is a link to this and the other lockups. I am running smartsdr v1.10.16.  I was using FRStack and i right clicked on the active slice on the top of the FRstack.  Clicked 'Save to Radio Memory'.   Lost connection to radio.  Had to hold  power button on 6500 to shutdown radio.  When I got back into the radio, there was no slice, so created a slice.  I tried to do the same again with FRStack, save the slice to radio memory, and it worked fine.  I checked on the Ssdr, memory screen and there were the two memories there, so the first one even though it crashed the radio it did work.  Deleted that first one.  Dont know if this is related to the previous crashes, as I dont know if Frstack was running when I have had previous crashes as I dont use FRStack very often. This is the first time Ive used FRStack to create a radio memory.  Ive only had previous crashes intermittently, usually when Ive been out of the shack.

Maybe a bit more info for flex to investigate

Wayne
VK4ACN
Photo of Wayne VK4ACN

Wayne VK4ACN

• 162 Posts
  • 23 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9200 Posts
  • 3561 Reply Likes
Based on your problem description, I'd say you need to start the debugging by contacting Mark, the developer for FRStack.  It appears that FRStack crashed the radio when it trying to save a memory, so it would seem reasonable to start looking there first.  It may be something with the radio, but Mark would need to work with our developers to figure out what is the root cause of the problem.
Photo of Pat - WH6HI

Pat - WH6HI

• 455 Posts
  • 91 Reply Likes
Just started using FRStack, about 3weeks of use. Found that the radio began to freez during extended running. That is running but not being used. If radio is in constant use I don't seem to have a problem. Stoped using FRStack and have not had the radio Freez problem while not in use. Hope this info helps.

Hopefully some of the FRStake features will be integrated into V2...
Photo of Larry - W8LLL

Larry - W8LLL

• 533 Posts
  • 116 Reply Likes
This feature is working fine for me.