Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Radio is not found when running SWRPlotter6k

Robert Karz
Robert Karz Member
edited February 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I'm trying to run SWRPlotter6k with my 6300 and  I'm getting "no radio found" errors.  I'm using Windows 10 and SmartSDR v1.10.16.  I believe the radio is on the LAN OK (the TX icon in the lower right of the screen is green).  I've tried restarting both SmartSDR and the plotter program.  I must have overlooked something.  Any suggestions? Thanks.

Bob, K2OID

Answers

• K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    B ob,

How is the radio connected to your PC?  Direct to your computer or through a router?

73, Ray, K9DUR
  • John Harper
    John Harper Member
    edited May 2017
    Same here - 6300 is connected directly to computer.
  • K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    If radio is connected directly to the computer & not through a router, Windows considers that a separate network & SWRPlotter6k will not see the radio.  Simplest solution is to plug the radio into your router. -- 73, Ray, K9DUR
  • Robert Karz
    Robert Karz Member
    edited May 2017
    Ray,

My radio is connected directly to my computer with an Ethernet cable.  Thanks for your help.

73, Bob K2OID
  • Robert Karz
    Robert Karz Member
    edited May 2017
    Ray,

I just saw your earlier message.  My problem is that the router is on the other side of the house from the shack, so plugging the radio into my router is not a good option.

Bob
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

I bought a little Cisco/Linksys 4 port to make things work.  Think it ran me USD $44 

If I were to do it again I'd consider a router with a Fiber port and a Fiber-to-Ethernet Transceiver at the radio for isolation.  Would accomplish the same plus isolate & protect.

Steve K9ZW

• K9DUR
    K9DUR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Bob,

Is your computer connected to your router via cable or wireless?  If cable, then a small router at the computer would work.  Connect the cable to your main router to the new router & connect both radio & computer to new router.

If wireless, you can try to set up a bridge between your ethernet adapter & your wireless adapter.  Windows does not make this easy, but it is just about the only solution.

73, Ray, K9DUR

• Robert Karz
    Robert Karz Member
    edited May 2017
    Ray,
    The computer is connected to the router via wireless, so I'll try the "bridge" route.  In any case, thanks very much for your help.  I now understand the problem.

Bob, K2OID
  • Brian_W9HLQ
    Brian_W9HLQ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I found the problem to SWRPlottrer6k - Windows Defender Firewall

I tried all sorts of network connections including direct connect of the computer to the Flex6500. In a very rare moment of inspiration I found that temporarily disabling the firewall, the program (Version 2.0.0) works well.   I tried to add SWRPlotter to the white list for Defender, but Windows continued to block.  No problem, I can just switch off the firewall when running antenna plots.  This is a great program for us Flex users, I recommend it!
    Brian-W9HLQ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.