Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Radio In Use” message when the radio was not actually in use.

Jerry  WA9UKB
Jerry WA9UKB Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Radio In Use” message when the radio was not actually in use.

I see this has been fixed in version 2.49

I have had this issue since 1.11.12  and a couple of older versions. As I recall you where going to incorporate these fixes in the versions of us users running the version one software?
I had mentioned this issue before version two rolled out.

biggest reason why radio gets very little use.

Will there still be fixes for the older versions of 1. with this issue? 
I do not want to incur the expense of upgrading the 6500 now due to being an obsolete
radio and the extra 200.00 dollar loss  on resale or trade-in value.

If there are no more bug fixes for the version 1 then its time to sell the flex 6500, Maestro 
and replace with something different, as trade up would be too costly to a 6600.

Occasional Invalid “Radio in Use” Message Corrected: A logic defect would occasionally disconnect a radio from a client with a “Radio In Use” message when the radio was not actually in use.  This defect has been fixed in SmartSDR v2.4.9. #5115 

Jerry,

Answers

• Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hi Jerry A couple thoughts First you have access to the last updates to Version #1 Next is that fixes, whatever the version level, are applied as part of the new releases in that version level, and are not retroactive to earlier releases in a version level. If you downgrade to an earlier version you would lose anything fixed or new in the highest number version vs where you downgraded to Additionally your 6500 is far far from obsolete. Kind of sad you picked up that idea along the way as the 6700-6500-6300 family is still viable and supported. You can think of the 6300/6500 evolving into the 6400 which uses all the updates and production cost advances to refine the package. You have a fine radio that SmartSDR fully supports. Another thought is staying behind a version with an idea that your upgrade costs disappear if you sell your 6500 may be only part of a picture that would include potential buyers discounting what they might give you for your radio as already being less the cost to upgrade version levels. Version 2 has had a lot of features added along the way and it may be worth your reevaluating whether to stay a version behind. In summary you have a world class radio that has more to offer you buy going up versions of software. 73 Steve K9ZW
  • Gene Duprey
    Gene Duprey Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I don’t see why you don’t upgrade your SDR software, there’s nothing obsolete with your 6500. I just bought a cpo 6500/Maestro, and find it to be an excellent radio. Glad I made the jump to this sdr rig. Very happy with my decision.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.