Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Radio disconnects

N6OIL
N6OIL Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Radio seems to drop out when left on with the latest beta upgrade, never had the this happen with previous beta so this may be a new problem. Radio is still on but SSDR can't see it, if I power cycle the radio it will show up. Flex 6500 here 

Comments

• N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I'm Having the same Problem. Al, N4AB
  • Eric Kramers
    Eric Kramers Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm Having the same Problem too

Eric, NL6777
  • N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I just talked to Dudley on the Flex net and suggests that we do a reset on the radio. 
    With the radio powered off, press and hold down the “OK” button on the front panel of the radio. Momentarily press and release the power button to power on the radio.  Continue holding in the OK button until the front display counts down to 0, the power LED starts blinking white and the “CALIBRATING…” message is displayed, then release the OK button. Allow the radio to continue booting normally.
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited January 2017
    I believe you should back up your profiles first? Probably already known but had to say it.
  • Paul M
    Paul M Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I have been having it since the version previous to the Beta.  I have tried the reset but it seems to return after a week or so of being on.  Radio is 6300.   
  • Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I had this problem occur a while ago, so I just did the power up and calibration procedure as described by N6OIL... we shall see how this works out.

Thanks!
  • David Livingston
    David Livingston Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Same problem...

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    i'm having the same problem here with my 6500. Never happened before.
  • Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP
    Kari Gustafsson SM0HRP Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Same in My 6700...
  • Tom K3TF
    Tom K3TF Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    So far no problems. No problems with VS 1.8 and just installed VS 1.10 a few hours ago. I run the rig and computer 24/7. I connect directly to my PC and do not use the DAX or Smart CAT functions. I am a CW only op. Sounds like a problem with the new added software stuff. 

Tom....

• Douglas Fillingham
    edited January 2017
    Same problem here.Twice in last week.
    Doug g4ovr
  • Moose
    Moose Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I have had it happen the whole time I've had my 6500 and Maestro. It happens both with SmartSDR on my PC and on the Maestro, I'm not sure if it is the same issue on both. I've been using SmartSDR since version 1.8.4 and I've had it on all versions.

For the Maestro issue I was told it was the radio doing a firmware reset and that Flex didn't know what the root cause was.

Chris AK4SK
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    1.10.8 was dropping out on occasion but now 1.10.15 working excellent.
    Left Maestro and 6300 on ALL weekend 48+ hours working a lot of DX in between.
    Gave it a good workout with no issues.
  • Richard - MW0XDT
    Richard - MW0XDT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Same problem here, but existed well before beta, over a year in fact. Factory reset, as described above, sometimes helps for a while, but being very awkward at the moment...up to 2 lost connections in 1 hour! Normally one lost every 2-3 days. I have a help ticket open on this and also trying various fixes....if I find a cure, I'll report back . 73 Rich
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Geez, with so many folks having the same issue, it sounds like it may be a buffer overflow or memory leak.

All of you folks having this issue need to make sure you open a trouble ticket.  I don't normally leave my rig on for days on end, but I'm going to just to see what happens.  I'm still running v1.9.13 and not either of the Beta versions so it might not be a problem.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I have entered this problem report (#4444) into our bug tracker for additional investigation. Thank you for the defect report.
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited September 2018
    Could those that have seen this problem report how long the radio was up and running until they saw the problem?  This may help us as we continue to look into this issue.
  • N6OIL
    N6OIL Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Hello Eric, I did the upgrade the day the latest beta came out and when I did the upgrade I had turned off the radio per the release notes ( yes I do READ the release notes) and powered up the radio and it did it's firmware upgrade thing. And would have to say it dropped off about 24 hours later the first time and about 2 days later the 2nd time. I didn't do the factory reset yet even after talking to Dudley yesterday on the FlexNet because I want to see if it does it again. Maybe something will be in the log files that you can use if you would like to SSH into my radio.
  • Paul M
    Paul M Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I let my radio run continuously and see a the disconnect about every 2-5 days.  As others have said you have to reboot the radio to reconnect.  Every so often I have to reboot the computer too, but that is a rarer occurrence. 
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2017
    Thanks for the input.  How many computers do you run with SmartSDR for Windows on it?  I ask because we have identified and fixed an issue since the v1.10.15 release where the radio would crash after around 200 client connect/disconnect cycles (note that CAT, DAX and SmartSDR for Windows each count for one client each in addition any other clients -- SmartSDR for iOS, K6TU, DDUtil, etc).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.