Quick Record - No Audio on Playback

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
Prior to the ver. 2.4.9 update, I used to transmit recorded audio over the air and hear the recording while keying the rig.  Nice feature to allow other hams to hear what they sound like at my station. While I can hear the audio from the quick record and playback, once the rig is keyed the audio cuts out. Still transmits the playback audio okay, however, I can no longer hear the transmitted audio through the headphones.

On my PC, the sound card on playback is DAX Audio TX and recording is set to DAX Audio RX 1.  DAX is switched on the Flex 6400 too.

Is this a bug with ver 2.4.9 or some setting(s) that may have changed with the update?
Photo of K3WR - Jim

K3WR - Jim

• 20 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3750 Posts
  • 901 Reply Likes
Not sure if it is intended to work this way, but you need to press the Dax button to hear the playback.
One thing I have noticed is that Dax and Vox do not play well together on playback.
Photo of K3WR - Jim

K3WR - Jim

• 20 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I have DAX enabled and do not use VOX. Despite DAX being active, there is no audio present in my headphones or speaker when the radio transmits. Anyone else have this problem?
Photo of Larry - W8LLL

Larry - W8LLL

• 476 Posts
  • 104 Reply Likes
Turn mon (monitor) on.
Photo of Jim  KJ7S

Jim KJ7S

• 172 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Turning 'MON' on does not work for me, turning on/or pushing the 'DAX' button does not work for me. However, if you have a PC Audio device working, it will play back through there IF you have the PC Audio button on (lit in Blue).
Photo of Eric - KE5DTO

Eric - KE5DTO, Official Rep

• 860 Posts
  • 319 Reply Likes
Yes.  This is definitely a bug introduced in v2.4.9.  We are aware of it (#6682) and it will be addressed in the next release.
Photo of Burt Fisher

Burt Fisher

• 1224 Posts
  • 472 Reply Likes
At no charge to get back what we had in 2.39?
Photo of Matt (K0KB)

Matt (K0KB)

• 118 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Burt, as a general rule:
Big fix release = free
New feature release = charge
Photo of darrell montgomery

darrell montgomery

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Has bug #6682 been fixed yet?
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3750 Posts
  • 901 Reply Likes
I beleive it was fixed in V3 and will be backported in V2.5 coming up.
Photo of Eric - KE5DTO

Eric - KE5DTO, Official Rep

• 860 Posts
  • 319 Reply Likes
Correct
Photo of K3WR - Jim

K3WR - Jim

• 20 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thanks Eric. I thought that I had misadjusted a control following the ver. 2.4.9 upgrade.
Photo of Richard - MW0XDT

Richard - MW0XDT

• 61 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Thanks for the post and answers...I was going to raise the very same question, having lost the ability to monitor transmitted, recorded audio. I look forward to a bug fix on this one and equally appreciate all of the work that goes into the updates.

Cheers guys, Rich MW0XDT
Photo of bobby

bobby

• 55 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
So hopefully this documented bug will be fixed in the 2.x version so we dont have to pay to get it fixed by buying version 3!
Photo of Steve

Steve

• 96 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
Gotta wonder what is going on with Flex...should have been many more "bug fix" releases out by now???
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3678 Posts
  • 891 Reply Likes
They put out about 4 or five per year,,they have been on target.
Photo of Steve

Steve

• 96 Posts
  • 67 Reply Likes
We shall see..
Photo of Doug

Doug

• 144 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Hopefully it won't be a paid version but will be corrected before the next major update. One other option is to just drop back to 2.39 I don't see anything earth shaking over it with 2.49 but a worthless color s-meter
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3749 Posts
  • 901 Reply Likes
I have a feeling V3 is coming soon. I think maybe Flex will make two releases. One will be for fixes needed in V2 for those not upgrading to V3 and another one witch will be V3.

They did that when V2 came out. They had a V.11 for those that did not upgrade to V2. That update cleaned up much of the outstanding bugs in V1.

So I think the most critical bugs in V2 will be addressed without cost to the customer.
(Edited)
Photo of Doug

Doug

• 144 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
I like what you wrote Bill
Photo of bobby

bobby

• 55 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Lets hope you are correct Bill, otherwise I will have to regress to version 2.3.9 for the function they broke with 2.4.9
(Edited)
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3678 Posts
  • 891 Reply Likes
bobby, it has been announced that this is what Flex is planning to do.