Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Questions about improving IMD

haruo
haruo Member
The APACHE LABS transceiver (OpenHPSDR) has a predistortion function, which improves IMD.
Is there a function for improving IMD in the FLEX - 6000 series?

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    The way the 6xxx radios are designed is in it self is a function of improved IMD. The Flex can achieve at least 40db, very respectable indeed.
    Flex has plans to introduce there version of what Apache is using in a future version.
    When? we just don't know, but because of the IMD performance we now enjoy there has not been a need for it. But it would be nice to see.

As you know the hardware in the Amp is pre distortion ready and the Amp has been tested with the Anan using pre distortion. And the radio's hardware are ready as well.

That is were things stand now.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Ya, the 40m voice group I sometimes join is all about this pure signal stuff.  It will be nice when it all comes together.

But I like to either gain access to my friends Flex 6X00 or I use a remote and I tune to myself and transmit and look at the pan on the remote.   For the most part, unless very close the IMD is not visible.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Harou san, the answer to your question is NO, it is not available. (yet? who knows....)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.