Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Question(s) Regarding DSP|Options Tab & undocumented function (PowerSDR/Flex 3K)

JDE
JDE Member
I was going through the PowerSDR Setup | DSP | Options Tab and was wondering what the "Leak" parameter does for NR and ANF. I could not find any reference to it in the existing Flex 3000 documentation.

Other related questions:
 - What are the units of measure for related functions: Taps, Delay, Gain & Leak?

Thanks!
John
N1ERF

Answers

• JDE
    JDE Member
    edited February 2017
    Zzzzzz...

<Insert chirping cricket noise here>

Anybody?

If there are any available references to the question(s), can someone point them out to me?

J
  • JDE
    JDE Member
    edited February 2017
    Anyone? Tim? It's not a dumb question if you really don't know. Someone point me in a helpful direction to find this info out? "Inquiring Minds Want To Know"!

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    JDE

If you like reading, and excel at mathematics image, Then maybe you will find this documentation useful. It made my head hurt! image Scanning my way thru it, i found explanations about Taps and Leakage, in regard to FFT and Digital Filtering. But I found no hints about how to adjust the NR and ANF filters in PowerSDR. The defaults ought to at least be written down, before you do any customizing. I wish I had a useful definitive answer for you, but maybe, the answer is in this document, it might at least help explain the lack of responses your getting. ...

http://www.analog.com/media/en/training-seminars/design-handbooks/MixedSignal_Sect6.pdf

a little.

My apologies, for your upcoming migraine.image

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.