Question(s) Regarding DSP|Options Tab & undocumented function (PowerSDR/Flex 3K)

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
I was going through the PowerSDR Setup | DSP | Options Tab and was wondering what the "Leak" parameter does for NR and ANF. I could not find any reference to it in the existing Flex 3000 documentation.

Other related questions:
 - What are the units of measure for related functions: Taps, Delay, Gain & Leak?

Thanks!
John
N1ERF

Photo of JDE

JDE

• 21 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of JDE

JDE

• 21 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Zzzzzz...

<Insert chirping cricket noise here>

Anybody?

If there are any available references to the question(s), can someone point them out to me?

J
Photo of JDE

JDE

• 21 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Anyone? Tim? It's not a dumb question if you really don't know. Someone point me in a helpful direction to find this info out? "Inquiring Minds Want To Know"!
Photo of Jay / NO5J

Jay / NO5J

• 1467 Posts
  • 219 Reply Likes
JDE

If you like reading, and excel at mathematics , Then maybe you will find this documentation useful. It made my head hurt!  Scanning my way thru it, i found explanations about Taps and Leakage, in regard to FFT and Digital Filtering. But I found no hints about how to adjust the NR and ANF filters in PowerSDR. The defaults ought to at least be written down, before you do any customizing. I wish I had a useful \ definitive answer for you, but maybe, the answer is in this document, it might at least help explain the lack of responses your getting. ...

http://www.analog.com/media/en/training-seminars/design-handbooks/MixedSignal_Sect6.pdf

a little.

My apologies, for your upcoming migraine.

SDRgadgets

73, Jay - NO5J