Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Question on FLEX 6400 Remote IP Address

I have a 6400 set up cross network at a remote site. I just changed the modem at the remote site to a Lynksys 54GS. Three of the wired ports are in use on the router one for the radio one for a Web Switch and one for an IP camera. While setting up the port forwarding I discovered the radio indicates the same IP addresses as the network side of the modem. Is this normal? If so any recommendations on setting up the modem for the radio? I am trying to reduce latency for digital operations. I did not find a way to change the radio IP. The radio is communicating with the work station at home as well as the Maestro for voice but need to get this one right for best operation for digital modes including winlink & ALE. Thanks 

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    If you haven't done port forwarding then I suspect the router (not modem) is using uPNP. Most of the latency is between the remote point and radio location. The latency within the LAN network at each location is negligible in comparison.

One thing I found here with my cable provider is the modem I had was their top of the line modem and it uses the PUMA 6 chipset. This chipset causes latency spikes under certain conditions which can cause high DPC latency spikes. I swapped it out to a modem which tops out at 200 Meg download speed and the high DPC went away.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.