Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Question for MLDX, WSJT and Mac users

Jean_Luc F5JRC
Jean_Luc F5JRC Member ✭✭
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Hi Flex users,

SmartSDR on PC and MacloggerDX on Mac work together very very well.
I installed WSJT Mac version, but please how to configure Audio and Radio menus?
I tried also with dogparkSDR with no success in WSJT configuration.

Thanks for helping,
Jean-Luc / F5JRC

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Hello Jean-Luc,

JT-Bridge by SM0THU will help you with rig control. No CAT necessary, 

For audio, right now you must use an external device (Signalink, etc.) or get creative with Remote Audio. Using DogPark SDR and Remote Audio selecting a sound card (built-in digital on my Mac Pro), with a jumper between input and output, it does work "well enough." Nowhere as nice as DAX, and really not even as good as the Signalink.

If you need more assistance with the menus, let me know and I can send you screen shots.

George/KF2T

• Jean_Luc F5JRC
    Jean_Luc F5JRC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hello Georges,

Thanks for sharing.

I have on my shelves a DigiKeyer 2 from MicroHam, it could make the job, even I am not sure to get the good driver on Mac for this device…and how to link it to the 6500…

Do you use the Signalink only for audio?

A silly question: there is no way to link the Dax from the PC to the in/out of the Macintosh?

Yes I take my pills this morning :-)

Jean-Luc / F5JRC
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Yes, the Signalink only for audio, although it will take care of PTT too if you like.

I have not found a good way to use DAX to any application on the Mac side. A single channel can be sent by using Parallels, and setting Windows audio settings up for listening to devices, but it is not a great solution, especially for JT modes, where the timing starts to become a problem.

Using MLDX, JT-Bridge, WSJT-x 1.5 for Mac, and DogParkSDR lets me run 100% Mac with my 6500. The price is losing DAX.  

George/KF2T

• Jean_Luc F5JRC
    Jean_Luc F5JRC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Georges, many thanks for these informations.

Jean-Luc

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.