Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Question about how to remove all TNF using screen - 6400M - software v2.4.9

Jon - AJ1U
Jon - AJ1U Member
New to Flex Radio.  Using a 6400M and using the screen (not SSDR) to control.  The release notes state that in v2.4.9 (noted in 2.4.6 alpha) that all TNF can be removed by pressing and holding the TNF button in the Slice menu.  This does not seem to work for me.  Am I looking in the wrong place?

Answers

• hans weijers
    hans weijers Member
    edited October 2018
    Go with your mouse to TNF in de lower left part of your screen and right click on TNF.
    You will see "Remove all TNF's"  Click on the balloon and now you will remove ALL TNF's.
    Good Luck, Hans PA0HWB
  • James Whiteway
    edited October 2018
    That is for SSDR the Windows program. It won't work on the M model radios. Same for the Maestro. I haven't found the right place, if any, on the M models either. James WD5GWY
  • Thomas NE7X
    Thomas NE7X Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I am having the same issue, I am using my 6400M in stand-alone mode (Not Windows SSDR). It would be nice if Flex would add a mouse driver to the 6400M/6600M radios so non-SSDR users could use a mouse connected to the USB port on the radios.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    A mouse control is not planned.
     Mouse control is a "client-side" function, meaning it needs to be associated with the client (SmartSDR for Windows) and not the radio hardware (server side).  With Multi-client access coming in a future version of SmartSDR v2.x, it would very challenge to associate a client-side device (mouse, FlexControl, etc) connected to a radio with a particular client.
  • Ron WD5FUN
    Ron WD5FUN Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    All TNF can be turned off on the 6400M by pushing VFO knob and touch TNF to turn off.
  • Thomas NE7X
    Thomas NE7X Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    My ICOM IC-7700 allows me to plug in a mouse into the USB port on the radio and operate the screen functions of the radio. Since the Flex 6400M/6600M are both what appears to be a Windows operating system, its hard for me to believe this would be a difficult and challenge to install a simple mouse USB driver direct into the radio OS to allow mouse functions to control the radio's menu. If an ICOM radio can do it, a Flex radio should be able to do it, and then some. 

Flex is selling and marketing 6400M/6600M radios as stand-alone radios, There are lots of us who purchased these radios because we do no have a desire to use SSDR. When Flex develops new software features, then need to keep this part of their user community in mine and provide equivalent functionally to those user. 
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    The statment I posted and you read is an official Flex Radio statement. And it ecplained why it is not planned. The problem is when multi client is presented.

The Icom does not have multi client planned.
  • Thomas NE7X
    Thomas NE7X Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Simple, add a software switch to disable multi-client for those users who do not use or have SSDR enabled.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I am not debating this, I'm just passing along the explanation Flex has given.
  • James Whiteway
    edited October 2018
    Thomas, the M model radios actually have two OS's running at the same time. The one for the radio itself is a modified Linux OS. The front panel, like the Maestro, uses an embedded Windows OS. If the USB port on rear of the radio were directly connected to the front panel tablet PC, then a USB mouse could be added. But, as far as I know, the rear USB port is connected directly to the radio.(the Linux side) That's where things could get messy. Both SSDR on the PC and on the M Model radios(and the maestro too) send commands to the radio to which it responds accordingly. A mouse on the rear USB port would/ could cause issues with timing of the Linux OS. Andd the Linus software that controls and interprets commands from the front panel would have to be modified quite a lot to handle mouse events and send them to the front panel. It appears to me as the server side Linux program would have problems with sending mouse events to the display module, while at the same time handling near real time data from the radio. The ICOM 7610 is very different from the 6000 Series radios. It is limited to what the mouse can do on the display. I've read several posts complaining about those limitations. Maybe one day FRS will use the Bluetooth abilities of the front panel tablet ( if the stripped down Windows OS can handle the load) to add a wireless mouse feature to the M models. James WD5GWY
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited October 2018
    The Remove All TNF feature for the M models and the Maestro will be in the next release of SmartSDR for Windows.
  • Thomas NE7X
    Thomas NE7X Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Tim
    What about for the stand-along M/Maestro users who do not use SmartSDR for Windows on a PC?
  • James Whiteway
    edited October 2018
    The M models front panel and the Maestro all are running a version of Windows. So adding a remove all button or command to them would not be an issue. So, looks like that will be in the next release. Cool! James WD5GWY
  • K3SF .
    K3SF . Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    the BT mouse is a great idea...that way each client handles mouse operations and not the server.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018

Thanks for adding this feature to the Windows PC client, Looking forward to it coming to the Maestro and M model radios in the next release of SmarSDR! Keep up the good work!

• Thomas NE7X
    Thomas NE7X Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    James WD5GWY

Thanks for the clarification. Having a TNF "Remove All Menu Button" on the radio is a step in the right direction for the M and Maestro stand-along radio users. 

One thing I still can't fully grasp, maybe you can also clarify, since the M and Maestro radios are running a version of Windows, why can't a simple USB Mouse driver be added to the radio so the non-SmartSDR PC users can connect a mouse to the radio and then mouse click on the radio's screen buttons? If there is some ambiguous issue because of the SmartSDR configuration, a simple SmartSDR DISABLE button could also be deployed.

I worked for 40 years for Intel and IBM as a UNIX Engineer supporting Networks and Oracle database engineers (now retired). So I do have some Windows knowledge.

NE7X...

• James Whiteway
    edited October 2018
    The front panel (display) has a tablet PC module mounted behind it. Basically, it is like a Maestro mounted on the front of the radio. That PC runs a version of Windows. (Like what a Windows tablet might run) the radio itself has a separate CPU and associated hardware plus the hardware for the radio itself. It runs a specialized version of Linux. The front panel is connected to the radio , by a dedicated (as I undstand it) ethernet connection. The only connection from the panel to the back of the radio is the HDMI port for the external monitor. The USB port does not come from the panel. But from the radio itself. Hope that helps. James WD5GWY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.