Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Question about DxLab Commander NOT communicating with Flex 6700 since Smart SDR upgrade to v1.9.7.

W4TE
W4TE Member ✭✭

I have been using the DxLab Suite with my new Flex 6700 and all has been working beautifully  using SmartSDR version 1.8.4.  I upgraded to SmartSDR version 1.9.7 and now when I open DxLab Commander I get the message:

“Can’t connect to FlexRadio SDR-6700:  No response from any network”

Commander shows 0.0 in the Frequency window now.

The DxLab Suite is on the same computer as SmartSDR.  The 6700 is on the same network:

Commander Setup is unchanged. 

Computer IP:    192.168.1.4

Flex 6700 IP:   192.168.1.254  Static IP for radio

Any ideas or similar experience?

Jim, W4TE

Answers

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Check to see that the radio IP on the [General] tab of Commander's Config dialog matches the IP on the [Radio] tab of SmartSDR's setup.
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    SmartSDR connects to 192.168.1.254 with no problem? Confirmed? What happens if you open up a command promptand ping 192.168.1.254?

I have my radio plugged directly into the computer. An IP address/port is not required. Hitting the Reset button in Commander attempts to reconnect. Once connected, you'll see an indication as highlighted below.

How does ci-v commander look in the allowed apps (firewall)?
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Kevin, When the radio is NOT connected directly to the computer but is connected through a network the IP addresses is both dialog boxes must be present and must match
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited December 2016
    Gotcha. That makes sense.
  • NM1W
    NM1W Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Check that you are allowing commander thru your computer's firewall to talk to the radio
  • W4TE
    W4TE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    All is well now.  I went back to DHCP instead of a static IP address for the 6700 and now I am communicating with Commander appropriately.  Thanks for everyone's suggestions.  I have been busy this week and have not turned on the computer and radio for several days and now all works well.  A pleasant surprise!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.