Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Question about Dayton

2»

Answers

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    @Lee, did you actually see the marketing collateral? If you didn't than less than knowledgeable comments from you attacking those not in a constant aroused state over their Flex, as you and others are,  is incredibly unbecoming an "Elmer" on this board. Your insults to others on here speaks far more about your qualifications to be an Elmer on here than anything else. IS THIS NOT OBVIOUS???
  • Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

First three items, then the purpose of this reply:

1)  "Why don't %COMPANY% salesmen have children?  Because they sit on the edge of the bed saying how good it's going to be!"   I worked for IBM for 25 years but have since heard the %COMPANY% change.

2) "When you're out hunting squirrel and someone fires an elephant gun you step back and ask what game am I in!"  Walt, you just fired a big gun (and not the contesting term)

3) On one of my teaching evaluations I had: "If Stan were any more laid-back he'd be asleep!"  Still don't know if that is a +ve or -ve evaluation.

So, Walt, since Burt has stopped pulling people's rope you have taken over.  Vying for "Curmudgeon of the Year" is quite unnecessary.

Other than the all caps I totally agree with Lee's comments so shall I take your attack against Lee as an attack against myself?  Equating matching views as demonstrated by my earlier post in this thread.

All, let's move more towards the "Laid-Back" and accept peoples' views as exactly that, views.  Respect them and avoid pulling out the big guns.

Stan

• W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Walt 

The word insult comes from the Latin insultare:  to jump on   

If you go to the first post it seems to me you were the first "insulter".  So it would seem you don't mind being insulting, you just don't care much for being insulted.  Not much fun being insulted is it?  I will take back my caps, in fact I'll take back the whole sentence.  My point is made without it.  I'm just not sure I can conjure a scenario where Flex having a dinner at a hamfest with a couple of famous ham speakers to entertain the troops injures you in any way.

73  W9OY
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Lee, it seems to me if we take a step back, This is why these types of conversations happen where people appear to attack others. It is out of frustration.

So many times I see someone post with a comment asking why does Flex do this or why did they not do this. Nothing wrong with a comment, but what some people do is keep driving at it even after Flex has answered it. That is what is frustrating. What can be gained by continual complaining?

I think that is what Lee's reply was born out of, frustration, we read the comment Jon wrote, it was answered. That should have been it. This is just my comment....
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Things are getting bumpy. QRZ has this rule, "You have a right to disagree and attack an idea, but not the person. " I think the same rule applies here, although not formally. I intend to keep losing ground re: "Curmudgeon of the Year" , but it's hard.
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016

Agree, it's not so bad being agreeable.

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Bill, I considered Gerald's comment was ending the conversation.
    I completely encourage anyone to look at the unfolding of this thread.
    No one on this BB should be expected to be silent when taunted, insulted, mocked, or otherwise bullied. Elmer status does not impart license to do any of that. However there have been some granting themselves license to.

While some individuals may not like Gerald's response, as president of the company he actually gets the last word. Who was the first to open their mouth after Gerald spoke?
    As far as "why don't you (I) just go to Dayton if I want to be 'in the know'", I answered. It has nothing to do with Flex, Gerald, Lee, Burt, you or anyone else. It is from everything I've ever heard about Dayton a worsening dump, people routinely get ill from it, wading in raw sewerage and overflowing unsanitary toilets are not something I want to spend thousands of dollars to experience. In comparison I talked some of my Boston experiences with a Linux vendor.

So, Bill, by all means, pick it up from there. Particularly noting one's spelling of wine, the mockings and taunts.
    From what Lee said, he wasn't even there so how is it he ...ya know what...whatever.
    I am awed when aggressors fain victim-hood.
    I considered mine an extremely measured response. As I previously said, I considered this thread closed a long time ago. I still do.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    As we said before, the show has to move. I can't see it lasting much longer with the conditions they have there now. Walt I have never been there, I think I will just wait till they move it, and if they don't, oh well...
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Bill, I vote for boxboro but that is unlikely to happen.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I know you mentioned that before Walt. I say ANYWHERE, If I can drive to it.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    OK, I have to. Lee, you sensitive guy you, on what planet is asking a question publicly, many were asking privately reflecting injury. See, you keep proving my point. to you and others everything is about injury. If someone asks a question they must feel injured. No, Lee, they asked a question. It is you that feel injured that one dare to ask a question. You created this incredibly personal emotional bond with the vendor.
    You said as much on the Maestro thread. I believe the words you used were something to the effect, "why can't you all just be grateful FRS is offering such fine product and stop asking questions about it"? Well Lee, it's because they have a question before they spent $1,000. Why do you take it personally? But that is for you and your doctor to discuss because conversations with you end ....NOW.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Burt

Very intelligent response. Keep up the good vibes. BTW you just lost some curmudgeon of the year points for being so rational.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    @Lee and Walt I must admit while sitting in Dublin airport I am really laughing at the humor of ur altercation over nothing. @lee. The whiners and bitchers need something to complain about. Not seeing a meaningless brochure gives them something to do @Walt. Give it a rest. Get back to finishing your wonderful systems agnostic Smarter SDR.
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I am seeing my Flexgoligist
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Howard, once again you are being an arrogant... This thread didn't require your self indulgent piling on and less than astute pandering glib and pedantic commentary. You are not being part of the solution, you are being part of the problem. It should be well clear to all now just who the whiners and bichers are. But, thanks for bringing that into crystal clarity.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Walt can you say all that in English next time...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.