Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Queezing 4 "slices" out of a 6300

Options
Andrew O'Brien
Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
It may be obvious to those of you with a lot of experience with a Flex Signature series radio, but just in case there are newbies like me... I have figured out a way to essentially get FOUR slices out of a Flex 6300.  Two slices are the traditions slices one expects from a Flex.6300   The other two are the DAQ IQ streams demodulated by Multipsk.   For example I currently have a slice on one panadater on 7044 tuned in to some RTTY activity.   I also have a IQ stream open centered on 7070 giving me 48 khz of activity either side of the center.  That stream is fed to Multipsk and I am decoding JT65 around 7076. I also have a Panadapter  on 80M  with slice focused around 3510 for CW activity and another IQ stream centered around 3582  .  Thus I am actually listening/decoding signals on 4 distinct frequencies at the same time.  Your based audio slice can be quite some distance from the IQ stream,  , I have not figured out the formula for the limits but I have had a standard audio slice about 1  Mhz away from the IQ stream in the same panadapter.   The bottom line...  I can do things like  decoding PSK31 on 7034,   listening to a CW DXpedition pileup on 7010 , decoding RTTY on 14088 and listening to a net on 14175 .  My brain had no clue this would be possible.  It helps to day-dream while driving I-90, that is where I was when my brain "clicked" to the idea it might be possible, and it it was easy to set up when I got home.  Again, not rocket science.. but certainly "fun". 

Comments

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    As long as you're just using two bands on the 6300, the +RX button should allow for many queezing slices! :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.