Quadra connection to Flex 6300

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
can someone help me understand how I might connect my yaseu vl 1000 quadra amplifier to the flex 6300 so that it provides band change and frequency information. I use HRD software.
Photo of Larry

Larry

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Paul W5PF

Paul W5PF

• 48 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I use the 6500 and the Yaesu Quadra. I use DDutil to provide band data to the amplifier wih no problems.

Paul W5PF
Photo of Jon - KF2E

Jon - KF2E

• 675 Posts
  • 221 Reply Likes
Official Response
Larry,

Here is a document I wrote on doing what you are asking.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20979885/Quadra%20to%20a%20Flex%206500.pdf

Jon...kf2e
Photo of Bill NE1B

Bill NE1B

• 18 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hi Larry,

I ordered the ACC USB-Serial cable from Flex Radio Store to interface my 6500 to the QUADRA VL-1000 Amplifier, but need to wire it to the 8 pin din connector.  Your pdf file is  no longer available.  Has there been an update?

Bill, NE1B
Photo of Jeff-W7NEE

Jeff-W7NEE

• 40 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
I would be interested in thispdf file as well.... I also plan to interface my flex with the 6600. I have used a Flex 5000 and Quadra together with DDutil for the past 8 years... but would be interested into see your Document Jon.
Photo of Larry: KE2YC

Larry: KE2YC

• 75 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hi Larry,

If you follow Jon - kf2e post, all will be good.  I have done the same and works great.  Any Questions just give me a shout and I'm sure Jon will help also.

Larry - ke2yc
Photo of Lawrence Gray

Lawrence Gray

• 156 Posts
  • 77 Reply Likes
I use DDUtil with an FL-7000, setup using the kf2e post, and it works great. I have my laptop in a dock, which has s parallel port.

Larry, W1IZZ
Photo of John Culliton

John Culliton

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
You can wire the 4 band wires plus ground by the din picture in the Quadra manual but be sure you have the newer manual as there was a pin number mistake in the old manual. Setup is in the radio usb tab. No third party program needed.
Photo of Bill NE1B

Bill NE1B

• 18 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Hi John,

Which cable did you use?  Was it a mouser cable or Flex cable?  Is there a part #?

Bill
Photo of John Culliton

John Culliton

• 37 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
An Amazon cable FTDI C232HM-DDHSL-0, that was linked in another thread. Plugs into the back of the radio and wired to the din plug on the amp.