Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

QSX RX slice not being reported to software in 1.4.16

Duane_AC5AA
Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Perhaps this is just my particular case since I haven't heard anyone else discuss it as a problem.  With earlier version of 1,4, using Kenwood TS2000 linkage to DX4WIN, SSDR or CAT would correctly provide both receive and transmit frequency correctly (noticed when cluster spotting mostly).   Ever since I installed 1.4.16 it has failed to do this (leading to a couple of my spots inadvertently causing stations to QRM the DX.)  If this has not been previously reported, I'm surely seeing it.  Anyone else?  

73, Duane  AC5AA

Comments

• Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Duane

I continue to see incidents where CAT just seems to stop providing information to programs even though the program does not receive a port error. **** CAT and restarting it will solve the problem.

But, why do we have CAT just going  into a coma?

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I think I've already tried that - I did have CAT stop working a couple of times, but this problem seems to transcend those issues because it happens all the time in this level.  I also stated it incorrectly and no matter how many times I hit "Edit" it will not allow me to change it.  It is the TX split slice/VFO which is not being reported. 
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Did you have both a Slice A and B defined when it started acting up?

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Reports correctly to MacLoggerDX.
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Yes.  I just confirmed that no amount of killing and restarting CAT caused it to start working correctly.  This has been a consistent problem in 1.4.16, and I don't remember seeing it in earlier 1.4 levels.  Now, guessing where you're going with the question, Neal, I just killed both slices and restarted them - viola - now it works.  So, something is getting a hitch in its getalong on linking slices to software.  Thanks for the pointer, but I hope they can find the problem to correct since it worked fine prior.

73, Duane
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    To get CAT to work I have to force it to stop then restart it
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Can you provide the data coming from CAT using port monitoring software?  

There are two things involved here and we have to eliminate one; CAT or DX4WIN.  If you can capture the CAT commands off the virtual com port compared to your slice A/B configuration, then you can determine if CAT is sending valid data or not.  If it is, then the issue is how DX4WIN is using the valid data.  This will require com port monitoring software or knowing what commands DX4WIN is sending to the radio query the RX and TX frequencies, in which you can use the Test feature in CAT to validate the data,
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    If someone can give me a 1-2-3 on how to do that (capture the DX4WIN command/response) I'd be glad to give it a try.

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I fired up the Flex this morning, DX4WIN has been running all night (as I always do to catch spots), and found that the fix (restart the slices) still was working. from last night.  However, a moment later, CAT died and I had to restart it.  After restart, all is working again.  I have not noticed any pattern yet to this, but will keep watch for it. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.