Perhaps this is just my particular case since I haven't heard anyone else discuss it as a problem. With earlier version of 1,4, using Kenwood TS2000 linkage to DX4WIN, SSDR or CAT would correctly provide both receive and transmit frequency correctly (noticed when cluster spotting mostly). Ever since I installed 1.4.16 it has failed to do this (leading to a couple of my spots inadvertently causing stations to QRM the DX.) If this has not been previously reported, I'm surely seeing it. Anyone else?
73, Duane AC5AA
73, Duane AC5AA
I think I've already tried that - I did have CAT stop working a couple of times, but this problem seems to transcend those issues because it happens all the time in this level. I also stated it incorrectly and no matter how many times I hit "Edit" it will not allow me to change it. It is the TX split slice/VFO which is not being reported.
Yes. I just confirmed that no amount of killing and restarting CAT caused it to start working correctly. This has been a consistent problem in 1.4.16, and I don't remember seeing it in earlier 1.4 levels. Now, guessing where you're going with the question, Neal, I just killed both slices and restarted them - viola - now it works. So, something is getting a hitch in its getalong on linking slices to software. Thanks for the pointer, but I hope they can find the problem to correct since it worked fine prior.
I fired up the Flex this morning, DX4WIN has been running all night (as I always do to catch spots), and found that the fix (restart the slices) still was working. from last night. However, a moment later, CAT died and I had to restart it. After restart, all is working again. I have not noticed any pattern yet to this, but will keep watch for it.