Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

QSK on F6700

Sergey R5AU
Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
edited April 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I would like come back with possible issue on my F6700, since last month i am tried to use actively QSK on my F6700, unfortunately , in reference with https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/qsk-on-6700?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Bfilter... ,   i getting popping between character what assume strong, plus I am hearing very weak relay click in tact with my CW keying,  this is audible(but weak) with TX=ANT1, RX=(ANT2, RXA or RXB). Only combination where relay clicks inaudible is TX=Transverter port and RX = any other. Somebody who owner of F6700 can check this behavior for me ? 
In case usage QSK with PIN diodes  or different RX/TX ports should be no relays switching at all.This is a issue only of my radio or some other behavior?

Answers

• Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2017
    The pin diode switching is actually audible if you are listening closely enough.  I can't tell from your description whether this is what you are hearing or not.  If it is much quieter in CW than it is in SSB, then you are probably hearing the pin diode (sounds like a higher pitched 'ping' than the normal 'clack' of the other relays).

We have done some significant work on CW over the last few months.  Stay tuned and give v1.9 a try when it is released and let us know whether this improves things for you.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Yeah Eric, i think you are right, this is not like strong relay click(ex: in case band switching or during radio start up) but higher pitched 'ping' what audible untill speed ~85WPM in tact with CW keying where afterward (over ~85) no swithcing with every CW  what visible on the waterfall like uninterrupted transmission with some flashes periodically(i assume SW case) and  i see sounds very good : "We have done some significant work on CW over the last few months" - very pleasant wait for ability work QSK at 40-50wpm
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Eric , just upgraded with 1.9.7.169   - CW QSK works PERFECT !!!! Thank you!!!   FRS your did absolutely good job ! 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.