Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PW-1 amp and Flex and software

Michael Coslo
Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
edited December 2016 in SmartSDR for Windows
My club has recently bought a used PW-1 amp. I get to make it work. Since it will be used for contesting and Field day, I had to get the Store and forward board so that it doesn't puke (technical term)  if it gets a bad instruction from the software to make a long story as short as practical, if the amp doesn't hear from the radio for around 10 seconds, it asserts itseld as the master of the data bus, then expects na instruction from the radio. But it is possible that the computer and software might send out some data that the PW-1 interprets as bandswiting, and when you transmit - kablooey. 

So the amp works FB now with an IC-756 Pro 3 and Store and hold hardware, but my cohort in organizing field day would really like me to connect my Flex 6300 to the amp for field day. I kinda wouldn't mind this myself, as it is so much better than the 756 pro 3. 

So DDutil apparently functions to connect a PW-1 to a Flex Radio - although the authors Wiki I looked at reads about the Flex5000, and the radio control programs part could be a little more specific. 

So my question after all that, is has anyone interfaced their signature series radio to a PW-1 amp and used N1MM contest logger with the setup?

In addition, is the Store and forward device still needed? I suspect it couldn't hurt, but if anyone has a definitive answer it would be greatly appreciated. 

Answers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.