Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Pulsating Noise While Transmitting

Jerry W2TXB
Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I was informed of (and noticed while monitoring) a sort of pulsating noise when PTT is engaged; this is with the Balanced mic input selected. I switched to the Heil headset and the Mic input, and the noise went away. Then, I switched back to the PR781 and Balanced input, and there was no noise. Seems like just switching between the two and back again fixed the problem. Is there something else I should look for with this?

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Are you directly connecting the mic to the radio or do you have any audio processing gear in between?
  • Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    There is an Aphex Exciter in the balanced line. Switching it out of the line did not help.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    So am I correct in assuming that this happens every time you start the radio or does it happen every time toy run SmartSDR?
  • Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    So far, this is the first time (that I am aware of)... wondering if there is something I have overlooked.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    It may be just an issue where the radio needed a "state" change to clear it up. If you can reproduce it, I would love to know the steps to do so
  • Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I will watch closely for it to happen again; if/when it does, I will report back.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Thanks!
  • John Orjias
    John Orjias Member ✭✭

any idea of what is causing this, i have been away from the radio for 2 months and just started using mine again and now 2 days in. a row this has started and i have to restart the radio to clear it up. it was never an issue before

• John Orjias
    John Orjias Member ✭✭

another thing i notice is since getting back online i'm having dhcp issues (which i recognize that issue) the radio shows no pans on the 6600M screen, is there any chance that somehow a dhcp issue would allow pans to still work but transmit to pulse? i don't see how, if the ip changes the front panel of the radio show loses access to everything, i only mention it because i know i have some weird new network issue i have to work out. Could that network issue cause this?

Im trying to transmit from the microphone directly connected to the radio, however if i switch to any other input, i don't hear the pulsing like i do on the mic input, i do however here a very quite ticking sound from the speaker when i press mox, so i think its happening in all transmit modes. I should test tuning next time i see it happen.

• John Orjias
    John Orjias Member ✭✭

So i discovered that the mic would also just quit working, i would change profiles between default, FHM3 and FHM3FD sometimes it would start working sometimes not, until that would not even work, i cleared data and now its working, you really need to resolve the persistent data issue

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.