Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PTT (front panel only) - Temporary Failure

Options
Jerry W2TXB
Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Last evening, after rearranging the radio and tuner on my desk and reconnecting everything as it was before, the front panel PTT was not working with my foot switch. VOX and the rear panel PTT worked properly and each component checked OK. Using a test cable with the 8-pin Foster and shorting pins 5 and 6 actuated the PTT, as did the hand mike supplied with the radio. Because of this, I was thinking there was an intermittent connection in the ADD-1Y adapter, but could not duplicate such a problem, despite moving the FS connections on the adapter in every direction. 

This morning, after receiving a good night's sleep (chasing wild geese can be tiring), I continued troubleshooting the problem, which continued until just an hour or so ago, when the front panel PTT began working properly. No amount of "circuit disturbance" is causing it to fail... maybe I should just leave well enough alone.

Is there a software (1.1.3.42) and/or firmware (1.1.3.17) glitch that could have caused this?

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    While anything is possible, Occam's razor would infer that it is probably a cabling issue since that is what was perturbed in your radio system.  If it happens again without moving cables, then it has a greater probability of being a software glitch (a TX interlock state issue or something like that).
  • Jerry W2TXB
    Jerry W2TXB Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Thanks, Tim... I will keep an eye on that adapter cable and foot switch, as well as the rest of the system (not planning on moving or disturbing any cables in the future. As of today, it continues to work OK.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.