Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PTT via Radio Command CW Mode and/or QSK mode issue in v1.6

Options
Barry N1EU
Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
In N1MM Logger+, PTT via Radio Command works properly in SSB Mode - when a message is keyed, Flex 6K goes into transmit and stays in transmit till end of voice message and then transmit is released.  PTT via Radio Command does NOT work properly in CW Mode - when a message is keyed, Flex 6K does transmit the cw message but rx unmutes between each cw element.  Flex 6K is forcing qsk even though Breakin is not selected.  All other radios do NOT unmute between cw elements when PTT via Radio Command  CW Mode is used and this is how it should work on Flex 6K - transmit should be maintained throughout the cw message.

Barry N1EU

Comments

• Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Update:  With Breakin turned off and a non-zero value for Delay, the QSK annunciator is still illuminated in the RX panel.  Someone told me that the QSK annunicator should be grayed out when a non-zero delay is selected so something may be broken in v1.6 with QSK mode control.
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The normal coutse of action would be to open a halpdesk ticket, instead of blindly speculating about things you heard. If you have a real complaint opening a ticket in the end would be the only way to resolve your issue. Nobody on this list can do anything for you and your "issue", save Tim and I bet his solution would be to open a ticket. 73. W9OY
  • Barry N1EU
    Barry N1EU Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Didn't realize it was "MY" issue.  Sorry.  I thought folks were generally encouraged to report possible issues with new releases.

BTW, I wasn't "blindly speculating."  The someone who told me was one of the main N1MM software developers.

73, Barry N1EU
  • Steve Jones gw0gei
    edited January 2016
    Options

Its not just your issue Barry, and I thought the idea of the flex community was to help each other with issues rather than bombard the flex staff with issues which may be user error issues. Everyone of us that uses n1mmplus has an interest if there is a potential problem with cw keying with 1.6 or n1mmplus. Hopefully someone who has got n1mmplus working well on cw with the new virtual winkey will chip in and confirm what settings they have if it is a set up issue - I tried setting it up this pm and whilst it sends my call correctly when I hit f4, it doesn't send anything other than the first character when I hit f1 and some other f keys.

Let us know the outcome if you solve it Barry please.

Steve gw0gei / gw9J

• W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I don't see anyone else with their hair on fire. Open a ticket,.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    The PTT annunciator is an indicator that the radio hardware is in a state that will support QSK operation, meaning that the reed relay is doing the T/R switching.  Whether or not your radio is actually operating in QSK is entirely dependent on your sending speed and the break-in value.  If the break-in value matches or exceeds the time period between elements or words, then the receiver will not switch on (non-QSK).  So SmartSDR is working as designed.

Since I am unaware of a PTT via Radio Command CW Mode feature in SmartSDR, I would suspect this is a problem with a third-party application, but the post is missing any such information.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.