Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PTT Hang when using FDV and 1.5

Jim  KJ7S
Jim KJ7S Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
     I am having a problem with the PTT hanging when using FDV. I release the key and the rig stays keyed and of course outputting an FDV signal, and it holds the mic open as if it was an open vox. Sometimes it will drop after a few seconds and other times a software shutdown is required, and still other times I've had to force the rig down with the power button. Running 1.5 with a 6300, Win 10 on an intel based desktop. This does not happen 100% but almost. 1.4 seemed ok. Also running the same installed FDV that I had with 1.4 (the red icon on the desktop)

Comments

• James Kennedy-WU5E
    James Kennedy-WU5E Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I used the MOX button an have no issues

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

SmartSDR v1.5.0 supports updated waveform module functionality. A new version of FreeDV is required for SmartSDR v1.5.0. If you had previously installed the FreeDV waveform, you must remove it from your radio and uninstall it from your PC after installing SmartSDR v1.5. Then download and install the updated FreeDV waveform. SmartSDR waveforms can downloaded from the Waveforms web page.

http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr_freedv_waveform_installer-exe/

• pa0bie
    pa0bie Member
    edited September 2015

Did You uninstall the old FreeDV version and donwload / install the new version ?

• Jim  KJ7S
    Jim KJ7S Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I did not..that's what I get fer getting in a hurry hihi..I'll change that when I get back to the house today..thanks for the reminder.
  • Jim  KJ7S
    Jim KJ7S Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    One more update. I did uninstall the old waveform fdv version from the radio, and uninstalled the fdv stuff from the computer. Then I installed the new version in the radio and on the computer, and the issue disappeared. Thanks to all who "reminded" me that 1.5 also needed the updated FDV to work properly!  Sometimes our haste in getting the bleeding edge up n running exposes our "Real men don't need instructions" flaw hihi

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.