Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PSU question

DrTeeth
DrTeeth Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Should the PSU be left powered on when the radio is off? I am having some issues with persistence and the instructions to turn off the rig and disconnect the power have always puzzled me as that is effectively what I do by turning off the power to the rig every night.

TIA

Answers

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Guy On my wattmeter my 6700 draws 4W when powered off as there are some circuits that are in keep alive state such as Remote Power ON unless you completely shut off all PowereSDR. That said, my 6700 and its. Dedicated Local computer have been running continuously 24/7/365 for 3 years now except for the rare occasions that I do a complete reset due to Firware upgrades. BTW it costs me $0.24/KWH x 5 computers x 9 monitors x 10 radios x 1 amp x Steppir x TV x multiple DC power Banks for every imaginable wall wart replacement. But then whose counting.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hi Guy,
    Early on I asked that question since I was concerned about cycling the OCXO or TCXO oven.  Steve confirmed it was fine to shut off the power supply.

Details here, question #3:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/thunderstorms_persistence_and_remote_operation_3_qu...

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    And San Diego's lights dim when you PTT <g>.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Thanks Al, just read that thread. Just having some minor issues with persistence not working as expected, manifested by the dispay settings changing on their own and the panadaptor  not opening in its closed state. No forced or improper shut downs involved.
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    TRUE

Actually in the process of installing solar electric power.  We have had solar thermal to heat our pool for 10+ years - it works great and paid for itself in 9 months...

But now I am buying a Tesla All Electric Auto  which will add at least 300 KWH to my consumption per month so I figured now is the time to go completely solar.. with 320 days per year of sun, solar starting to make sense..
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    The new model X is supposed to ship this year.....

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a25368/tesla-model-x-spy-video-on-road-deliver...

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Al The model I. Want is the P85D. I test drove one. 0-60 in 3.2 Seconds.if u push the " Insame" mode button. Fastest car I have ever driven. 11year old grandson was with me. He has been to Ferrari factory in Italy for test drives. So he is my local expert. He said it was faster than the Ferrari his dad (my son) test drive. XYL says I don't need such a quick car.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Very nice.....have seen the video!
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Now How Do I convince that XYL that i NEED the P85D?
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    No P85D...no more shoes/handbags (insert other **** that women MUST have loads of).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.