Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Prospective Buyer - Any update on Noise Blanker and Noise Reduction?

Mike KD2CJJ
Mike KD2CJJ Member ✭✭

Has there been any discussion on improving the NB and NR functions of SmartSDR/Flex6K series?  I am still a prospective buyer and now for about 9 months have not purchased because of the poor feedback I have received from various owners.  Pretty much the feedback has been both these feature are not up to par when compared against a FTDX3000 or other modern radios.  These are operators in high noise areas (ie near NYC).

I am still very interested but I have to sell my current radio to fund the next -- I cant have a radio that cant operate in high noise conditions.

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    We publicly stated late last year that we will focus on delivering a world class DSP noise mitigation features in the upcoming SmartSDR v1.5.
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Mike The current Flex 6000 series leaves your FTDX 3000 as if it was generation behind. If you spend anytime with a Flex 6500 or above there is a TNF that is adjustable this feature alone reduced noise splatter from close powerful signals. That is just one of so many features. Spend some time with one of these SDR radios and you soon forget about knobs. if your a computer guy and like to tinker the radio will be a pleasure to see and use. Ian
  • Mike KD2CJJ
    Mike KD2CJJ Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Tim,
     I missed that statement.  I also had not seen the roadmap updated.  Thanks for the quick feedback. 

• Ben Sinclair
    Ben Sinclair Member
    edited January 2015
    The 6000 leaves the FTDX3000 behind, except if you want an excellent NR function.

The IC-7410 I sold to fund my 6000 purchase had the best NR I've ever used, but that's about the only thing I miss about it!
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Yes, we have not updated the roadmap yet, as we will do that once we get SmartSDR v1.4 released and do the detailed release planning for v1.5

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.