Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

proper way to shut down maestro

Mark Erbaugh
Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in Maestro
I have a first generation Maestro. I have found that just touching the power button doesn't seem to power down the M when I'm done using it. It seems I have to hold the button for a couple of seconds, but sometimes when I do that, I get a blue screen that says "slide to power down." I believe that that is a hard shutdown and not the recommended shutdown procedure.

Is there a way to always properly shut down the M without doing a hard shutdown, or does it depend on me holding the button for just the right amount of time? Is there a software option on the M that does a shutdown or do you have to use the power button?  Lastly, if I do end up with the "slide to power down" screen, is there a way to back out of that?

Answers

• Brian Hemmis
    Brian Hemmis Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I also have the Maestro 1 and just a quick push and let up of the button should turn it off. I used to do it your way-hold button down a couple seconds then slide to off. They both seem to work fine. A friend was talking with someone in the Flex booth at Orlando and they suggested the quick push and off method which I've been doing of late.
  • Mark Erbaugh
    Mark Erbaugh Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I guess I was wrong. A quick press does shut things down nicely. I guess I just wasn't pressing firmly enough. Thanks
  • Brian Hemmis
    Brian Hemmis Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Great ! My weirdest Maestro experience (it's a Dell tablet underneath) was when my Facebook page appeared on my Maestro instead of the Flex interface !

• Michael N3LI
    Michael N3LI Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Wow - that is strange. Just as a suggestion, get Ghostery if you don't have it already. Helps to block Facebook's tracking scripts. 
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    NOTE: A quick push of the power button also powers on the Maestro however there is a long delay before it starts up so just be patient.
  • Gene Duprey
    Gene Duprey Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Never had a quick push turn on my Maestro.  The book says to hold for 5 seconds, and that is what may Maestro takes.  A quick push turns it off.

Gene, K1GD
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Try It and then wait............

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.