Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

program file to configure flex smarts do and flex radios

James Madden
James Madden Member
edited July 2019 in New Ideas
It's so difficult to get 3rd party programs to work. How about having configuration files that will properly configur the 3rd party app and the radio to work?

Comments

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Do you have an example of those that you are having an issue with?  
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    There are many YouTube instruction videos available on configuring third party programs. Fldigi is a case in point that explained the need to add a slice configuration file in order to interface with the Flex. It's not easy and takes work but it's worth the effort.
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited November 2016
    Ham radio delux and various logging programs aren't working. Dm780 frequently stops showing frequencies, etc..
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I think you are going to find out that every station is unique and much like a thumb print.  HRD (free or paid version) does work fine depending on what you are doing with it (Radio Control, Logbook, etc).  If you are mostly using DM780, then I would recommend using Minideluxe as your interface to DM780 and not use their radio control.  
    If it 'stops working' then it must have been working, so that means you do have it correctly configured initially.    I would recommend you start with Minideluxe first:  https://github.com/krisp/MiniDeluxe/wiki
    de va3mw
  • Michael Coslo
    Michael Coslo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I have a sneaking suspicion you might have an RF problem, James. If a program works, then stops working frequently, RF is a strong suspect. Even if you don't think so, you can hardly ever go wrong by wrapping toroids around mouse and keyboard cords, or even switching to Bluetooth.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Not to argue with what is working and what isn't.  I use HRD free version and have been using it for about 2 years with my Flex 6700.  It's running very well and I haven't had any trouble.  I'm currently running SmartSDR v1.6.21.  It is extremely stable - at least for me.  Even with the earlier versions of DAX and SmartSDR, it worked pretty well.  The older versions of DAX occasionally had to be restarted or dinked around with but the new version seems to be pretty stable.  I can't remember having any issues that stand out. 
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I forgot to mention that I just recently started using CWSkimmer.  Sometimes when I startup cwskimmer there isn't anything in the cwskimmer waterfall.  To remedy this, I have to restart SmartSDR.  I'm not sure what is getting out of wack, but the only way I can resolve the issue seems to be to restart SmartSDR.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited November 2016
    Thanks so much.. Jim
  • W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    If your using SDR-Bridge, cancel skimmer and re-click the slice check in the skim field in the bridge tab.  Make sure the DAX channel is active in DAX and SSDR

73  W9OY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.