Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Profiles Option on track?

2»

Answers

• Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Yup, the DAX levels do not always follow what the sliders say. I had Eric remote into my 6600M a few months ago and he saw it first hand and captured the "anomaly". He said he had to send it off to the developers, never heard any more.

On the other hand, and I know I will get grief for this, but with my Apache and Thetis we get bug fixes and more importantly feature enhancements on a pretty regular (and usually quick) basis. My 6600M is now just a bench warmer because of many bugs.
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    That's exactly it Gary. Below is a link to a post with pics about the issue.
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/dax-rx-issue-on-ver-2-5-and-up

• Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Yes. Flex is aware is all I can confirm. Right now the only issue is it overdrives WSJT and other digital modes. Sort of like that **** auto profile save that over rides my band by band RF Drive settings (which can result in a more catastrophic issue). But I work around that issue by setting the Global max power out, not ideal, but safe.
  • Andy W3LI
    Andy W3LI Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    10 months into owning the 6400M and I still only have a great stand alone Transceiver. Works great for Fone and CW and that is all it will do for me. I have no choice but to accept that,
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Since the Flex-feature survey (6 months ago or so?), I haven't neen any new News from Flex.  Perhaps we'll at least see an Insider update soon. 
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Yeah I know what you mean it's just like having a my old yaesu where every time I sit down to use the radio I have to check every setting in the menu make sure it's set correctly and if not reload from a file. Yeah I sure miss the simplicity of those old boat anchors. ;)
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    In keeping with Flex policy It is not surprising we have not heard anything about what they have been working on, and I have no information, but I would expect something around the first of the year? we will see.
  • Gary NC3Z
    Gary NC3Z Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    "and I have no information"
  • John AE5X
    John AE5X Member
    edited November 2019
    "over rides my band by band RF Drive settings (which can result in a more catastrophic issue)."

Yes, that's happened to me too and we shouldn't have to wait 6+ months for a new version of software. Given the possible consequences, the auto-save "feature" correction should be considered a patch, released Elecraft-style, in days not significant fractions of a year. That K4 is looking better every day.
  • John AE5X
    John AE5X Member
    edited November 2019
    Andy, is Flex aware of your problem with the 6400M? I am trying to decide between the 6400M and a K4 for an early-2020 present to myself.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2019
    Thats my biggest gripe with Flex . . . Takes forever to get a bug fixed where with my Elecraft it is done in days.

Must be working on that Raetheon deal.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I'm anxious to read user feedback on the K4, particularly how it handles noise.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.