Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Profile question

Steve N4LQ
Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
I created 2 profiles, 80cw and 40cw. Why does 40cw show up in the transmit profile window? If I double click 80CW it jumps right to 80 meters but that 40CW thing still shows up over in the transmit window.
Is that transmit profile window supposed to grab the first profile you create or something?  Should I create a profile named CW? 

Answers

• rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I figured someone else would notice this. See the comments from flex to my post in this thread: https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/global_profiles?topic-reply-list[settings][filter_by]=all I think it needs somewhere to store the transmit settings when you save the first profile. After that, it puts an asterisk (*) in front of the transmit profile that it created to show that something changed and hasn't been saved yet.
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Wow...This Profile thing is pretty weird. There should be some way to edit the thing and drag stuff around so you can arrange things in order. Guess not eh?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Steve - I need to see a picture of what you are describing, but it sounds like you have the same TX profile (40m) for both of the 80m and 40m Global profiles.  
  • Glade Schroeter
    edited March 2017
    I had the same issue, the first profile I made was global for 40 cw and it showed up both as global and transmit. I deleted the transmit and global and saved it again and all was ok.
  • Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I finally got it straight, I think. Eventually this profile list will be a total a mess. Are there any plans to provide a way to edit and organize/arrange things? I'm thinking something similar to how we program the repeaters in hand held radios.

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    The profiles are listed in alphabetical order.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    If you save a global profile that does not have a TX profile associated with it, one will be created usig the current TX settings with the same name as the global profile.  This is covered in the SmartSDR for Windows Software User's Guide.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.