Profile not saving on 6400 V 2.49

• Question
  • Updated 3 days ago
Ok, here goes, upgraded to V 3, didn’t care for it, got reports audio distorted, bug won’t let you record and play back so I could check, so I downgraded back to V 2, reloaded profiles and some seemed to be missing, yes I backed up every thing before upgrade, reset mic profile and saved, got to looking for other profiles and didn’t appear to be there, tried this several times and wasn’t in drop down list on pan adapter but was in drop down in main profile selector, reloaded and seemed to be corrupted, very thing crazy after downgrade, radio flashed red on button several times, had to reboot, crazy stuff since downgrade, I know this is a lot to ponder, any ideas appreciated
Thanks
Photo of AB4RW

AB4RW

• 53 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes

Posted 4 days ago

Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3515 Posts
  • 839 Reply Likes
I would set the radio back to factory settings with a hard reset. The radio has become confused.
Photo of AB4RW

AB4RW

• 53 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
you may be right, i know im confused! HA!
Photo of Doug

Doug

• 135 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Bill is right on, make sure you get a complete reset and I bet when you load your saved profiles in you will be in business.
Photo of N9VC

N9VC

• 154 Posts
  • 50 Reply Likes
Not sure what is going on, but no problem here with record and playback. I am running
WIN 8.1 and Version 3. Did not save my profiles (forgot to) when I upgraded to VER 3,
but everything was there when I started up after upgrade. Maybe a full reset is in order.

Photo of AB4RW

AB4RW

• 51 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
looks like it would record, but wouldnt play back, on here said it was reported as a bug
Photo of Eric - KE5DTO

Eric - KE5DTO, Official Rep

• 775 Posts
  • 238 Reply Likes
The issue that was reported and verified is that the Quick Record/Playback functionality would not work on a Maestro with v3 unless using the radio speakers for the output.  (#7344).
Photo of AB4RW

AB4RW

• 51 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
ok, well i know it changed my iphone and ipad audio terribly. thats why i tried the record to check audio on radio. and discovered it didnt play back, maybe i goofed, that was reason i went back to 2.49 if i get my nerve up i may try 3 again. Thanks!
Photo of Eric - KE5DTO

Eric - KE5DTO, Official Rep

• 778 Posts
  • 246 Reply Likes
The others here are spot on.  When downgrading from v3.0 to v2.4, you will want to make sure to do a factory reset prior to importing your saved settings.  This comes as a result of the significant database schema changes that were necessary in v3 to support multiFLEX.
Photo of AB4RW

AB4RW

• 53 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
did a factory reset according to manual, reloaded and seems to be working now, Thanks for advice
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3515 Posts
  • 839 Reply Likes
AB4RW, good to hear...