Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Profile not saving on 6400 V 2.49

KI4P
KI4P Member ✭✭
Ok, here goes, upgraded to V 3, didn’t care for it, got reports audio distorted, bug won’t let you record and play back so I could check, so I downgraded back to V 2, reloaded profiles and some seemed to be missing, yes I backed up every thing before upgrade, reset mic profile and saved, got to looking for other profiles and didn’t appear to be there, tried this several times and wasn’t in drop down list on pan adapter but was in drop down in main profile selector, reloaded and seemed to be corrupted, very thing crazy after downgrade, radio flashed red on button several times, had to reboot, crazy stuff since downgrade, I know this is a lot to ponder, any ideas appreciated Thanks

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I would set the radio back to factory settings with a hard reset. The radio has become confused.
  • Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Bill is right on, make sure you get a complete reset and I bet when you load your saved profiles in you will be in business.
  • N9VC
    N9VC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Not sure what is going on, but no problem here with record and playback. I am running
    WIN 8.1 and Version 3. Did not save my profiles (forgot to) when I upgraded to VER 3,
    but everything was there when I started up after upgrade. Maybe a full reset is in order.

• KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    you may be right, i know im confused! HA!
  • KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    looks like it would record, but wouldnt play back, on here said it was reported as a bug
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2019
    The issue that was reported and verified is that the Quick Record/Playback functionality would not work on a Maestro with v3 unless using the radio speakers for the output.  (#7344).
  • Eric-KE5DTO
    Eric-KE5DTO Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2020
    The others here are spot on.  When downgrading from v3.0 to v2.4, you will want to make sure to do a factory reset prior to importing your saved settings.  This comes as a result of the significant database schema changes that were necessary in v3 to support multiFLEX.
  • KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    did a factory reset according to manual, reloaded and seems to be working now, Thanks for advice
  • KI4P
    KI4P Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    ok, well i know it changed my iphone and ipad audio terribly. thats why i tried the record to check audio on radio. and discovered it didnt play back, maybe i goofed, that was reason i went back to 2.49 if i get my nerve up i may try 3 again. Thanks!
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    AB4RW, good to hear...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.