Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problems with DAX Drivers - unsigned certificates

2»

Answers

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Hi Lawrence,

I stumble upon that website a few weeks ago and tried to follow their steps and it didn't work for me. Have your tired it?
    When I tried to install it it gave me a not compatible upgrade.

It would be great if it can work. So thanks for the research.
  • Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Yes, I have done it on several Win 7 x64 and x32 machines.  Works really well.  Are you sure you downloaded the correct (32 bit or 64 bit) version for your machine?
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I am pretty sure I did select the right version, but it was for a colleague with Teamviewer as mine is already updated.
    I will try to install it into a VirtualBox inside Ubuntu, it is great to know this can be done and works. Thanks!
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Wish I saw this last week! Had to struggle through a few downloads and overnight updates.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I can not get the April 15th 64bit to download.
    502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server. There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.

• Peter K1PGV
    Peter K1PGV Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Further, DAX was such an incredibly bad idea it ties SSDR permanently to Microsoft.
    I fail to understand how anybody could write this sentence with a straight face.

It is in the user community's interest that SSDR be compatible OOTB with every manner of computer-based ham radio program.  These digimode programs all were written back in the days when they HAD to get audio data from the computer's sound card and they processed that data.  So DAX fills that need.  No work is required from the folks who write MixW, FLDIGI, DM780, or any other digimode program.  Flex Radios just work with them all.  The architecture is entirely appropriate.  Laudable, even.

This is even MORE the case when FRS give those devs who ARE willing to change their code a way to skip the sound card, and obtain the data directly from the radio via an API.

Now... You may wish to argue whether the realization of that architecture is a good or a bad one.  But I see no way at all for a reasonable person to argue that providing a (free) legacy-compliant path to get data from the radio to every available digital mode program.

DAX no more ties SSDR permanently to Microsoft than anything else. You are perfectly free to write your own Linux driver that does the equivalent of what DAX does on Windows. There are no proprietary boundaries. Why don't you do that, and do the community a service?

Peter
    K1PGV

• Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Ask any Flex user who is running multiple digital programs concurrently what they think of the DAX concept.
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited December 2016
    I run mmtty and 2tone under n1mm+ simultaneously and don't seem to have a problem. Is this what you are referring to?

I'd love to see the sound card middleman skipped for these terminal programs but DAX seems to be a pretty decent alternative until everyone catches up. I suppose whatever FRS is providing to the devs pretty much needs to be standardized across other vendors before it is widely accepted.

Kev K4VD
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    "I run mmtty and 2tone under n1mm+ simultaneously and don't seem to have a problem. Is this what you are referring to?" Yes, I run 8 instances of JT65 all the time and maybe a FLDIGI too.
  • Terry K7NY
    Terry K7NY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thank you Salvador, my wife's 7 pro computer would not update after a failed 10 update.
    Now it works great.
    Thank you again
    Terry   K7NY
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    You are both welcome!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.