Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problems after upgrade to SSDR 3.1.8 - 6600M

Larry A.  NN5O
Larry A. NN5O Member ✭✭
Upgraded 6600M from SSDR 2.4.9 (working beautifully) to ver 3.1.8 yesterday.  Then, after rebooting everything (radio and computer -- Windows 10 ThinkCentre tower), seems like I have a DAX problem.  Here's what I see.

When I connect via SSDR to see the panadapter on my screen, I still see the panadapter on the radio (hmmm).  Further, the VFO on radio can be on 15m CW and the screen display can show 10m CW, for example.  Not "tracking" one another.  Formerly, I think the radio screen would go dark when I activated the "Connect" button on SSDR.  (scratching head).

Now, when I look at the DAX Control Panel, in the TX Stream area, I see DAX TX button can be dark.  When I roll across, I see a message such as "Connected to Flex-6600M named 'Larrys6600m' at IP address....", plus "This channel is not enabled -- press this channel button to enable the channel."  So, I click the button...it turns "greenish" and this message appears when I roll the mouse over it:  "DAX is not selected for transmit.  The radio might try to transmit, but will not transmit DAX audio.  You must enable DAX in SmartSDR by clicking the DAX button"  Hmmm.  Plus, I see a notation in the TX Stream box that says "DAX TX Off."   

Naturally, the radio won't transmit.  I can press "TUNE" on the front panel and get output.  But, when I use the paddle, I get just dits on both paddles.  (scratching head).

This is probably something really simple.

Is there something I should do other than pull out the manual and dig through on my own?  (scary thought, indeed).  

I feel like something got "disconnected" when I simply upgraded.

Tnx in advance for any help, direction, suggestions, counseling, abuse, etc.  :-)

--Larry S. Anderson, NN5O
Tupelo, MS (birthplace of Elvis)

Answers

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    well...looks like the PC ssdr connected with its own set of resource.. these resources are not the same  resource ( ala slices) as being displayed by the radio.

this is multi-flex at work...

With 3.1.8 you basically have two separate radios available with two slice each. One you connect using the PC and the other is on the main radio display.

You have to setup dax and cat on the pc which is your 'larry6600m ip' radio connected using PC ssdr. So on those slices on the PC go in and set up DAX for those 'new slices'
    will also have to setup CAT....
    and
    all the other parameters too

yep...gotta setup all your parameter for this 'other ' multi-flex radio....

once you have done that...you can easily use the main panel of 660m and the pc ssdr as two separate radios....

hope this relieves your 'what did i do to my radio ' concerns
    and
    you are now on the way to learn multi-flex operations with the 6600m

Paul K3SF

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2020
    I suspect you do not have CAT and DAX associated with the correct "station" in the station dropdown.  If using SmartSDR for Windows, the station name of your PC is located in the bottom center of the SmartSDR console and it has to be what is selected in the Station dropdown box for both DAX and CAT.  If you are controlling the radio using the front panel, the station name will be "FLEX-6600M"
  • Larry A.  NN5O
    Larry A. NN5O Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020

Thanks a bunch, Paul.  I never even thought about that mighty multi-Flex thing kicking in.  Hmmm.  Kinda like going from a single oven to a double oven in the kitchen, I suppose.

So, I'll start digging through any documentation I can find on SSDR 3.1.8 and try going back through setups on each "playground."  One advantage I can envision with multi-flex is the ability to have my radio operational in my garage shack, then take my Maestro indoors and operate there without bothering settings on my garage radio.  Maybe!

Tnx for your help/advice, because I was, indeed, wondering, "what did I do to my radio?"!!!

--Larry NN5O

(thank Heavens, I have Joe Moffatt AB5OR, right here in town so I can cry on his shoulders.  He has forgotten more about the Flex this morning than I've ever known or will know in the future!)
  • Larry A.  NN5O
    Larry A. NN5O Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Ahhhhhhhh...okay, I saw that Tim, but couldn't figure out why the PC name was showing up, too.  Flash Gordon was really onto sump'n there, wasn't he???  :-)
    Larry Anderson, NN5O

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.