I have just installed SmartSDR v2.28 and am having a problem with a DAX driver error. I have never had any issues with installing the many updates of SDR in the past. I have a Flex 6700. Before installing version 2.28 I did the following, following Tim’s advance recommendations:
1. I export my profiles routinely and do so after each addition or change to my Profiles
2. I noted that Windows 1803 had been installed
3. I uninstalled all previous versions of SmartSDR starting with the oldest first, not uninstalling the DAX drivers.
4. On the most current version of SmartSDR, 2.1.33, I uninstalled the DAX drivers
5. I downloaded v 2.28
6. I installed SmartSDR v 2.28
7. I rebooted between each step when requested
8. Windows appears to be functioning normally and no other applications are running
I received the DAX Driver Error listed below.
I manually uninstalled and reinstalled DAX Drivers as outlined by Tim in “How to Manually Re-Install DAX Drivers”
I turned off, then disconnected the 6700 from power. I reconnected the 6700 then turned it on and allowed it to reboot.
When starting SmartSDR: SmartSDR CAT, DAX control panel, and SmartSDR boot up.
When I start up SmartSDR I get the following Error:
DAX Driver Error
“An error has occurred while trying to open a DAX sound device. The following fault conditions may apply:
· The DAX driver may not be properly installed
· Another application has exclusive use of a Reserved DAX sound device
· The DAX sound device may have been manually disabled
If this problem persists, please submit a HelpDesk support request (...) for technical assistance.”
I have done all that has been recommended and it is now apparent that I need to refer to a higher authority.
Jim Kauten, MD, W4TE