Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problem with v2.5.1 not returning from TX but in front panel on 6600M all works well?

William Osborne
William Osborne Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Using a 6600M getting ready for NAQP and all works well in RTTY.   But, using the setup SMARTSDR v2.5.1 hangs in TX mode at end of transmission.  This occurs with MMTTY directly or with N1MM+ using MMTTY.  To recover you can send the same message again and at end of transmission on second try the radio returns to receive.   I have tried rebooting SW and restarting the radio but always fail with SmartSDR and works with the 6600M's front panel.   All ideas appreciated.

Bill--K5ZQW

Comments

• William Osborne
    William Osborne Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    An update to this issue.  I found the source of the trouble, the CAT and DAX links remain connect to the 6600M front panel even though the radio server is reconnected to the PC (SmartSDR).  In this odd state the PC programs TX and hang until they TX a second time.

I  can think of no reason why the the CAT and/or the DAX apps should remain connected to a client after the server (Radio) is connected to a different client.  This seems to be a bug in v2.5.1 created by using pieces of v3 code to build v2.5.1.  Hope it gets fixed but I doubt it!   This is another version of the problems I have with V3, i.e., in MultiFlex two clients cannot really use the radio at once as only one can be controlling to CAT & DAX.

Bill--K5ZQ (an unhappy camper)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.