Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problem with V 1.10.8 on PC - Laptop OK

Options
James Del Principe
James Del Principe Member ✭✭

Loaded V 1.10.8 on my laptop at old QTH (good internet connection there) and took it to my new QTH. Connected to my 6500 and after it upgraded, all worked fine. Connected my old PC (that I have always used with my Flex - at V 1.6.x) and, of course, it would not 'see' the Flex. Now I have an internet connection at my new QTH so I just uploaded V 1.10.8 to the PC (after removing V 1.6.x of course) but it will not 'see' the Flex. The load went OK, no problems noted. The Flex led is blinking green. I have network activity on the switch for Flex, PC and internet modem so that seems to be good. The Flex itself should already be at V 1.10.8 from the connection to the laptop which worked just fine. Why do you think the PC no longer sees the Flex?

Answers

• Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Couple of recommendations. Reboot the PC and do afactory reset on the radio. Everything should be fine.
  • James Del Principe
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thanks, Bob. I did reboot several times and even cut power to the radio for several minutes (this helped a past problem). I will try your suggestion to do the factory reset now.     73, Jim
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Windows or other Firewall software blocking SmartSDR from seeing the radio?

Bret
    WX7Y

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Confirm that all of your equipment is on the same subnet. Between locations, sometimes different routers, etc., set different IP values.
  • James Del Principe
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Bret, this PC worked fine at 1.6.x. No firewall issues. I tried a factory reset and it began to load SW to the radio. We shall see.
  • James Del Principe
    edited January 2017
    Options
    George, this is the same network I have always used. I think the factory reset that Bob suggested will be the answer. After the reset, it again 'saw' the radio and started to do the download to the Flex. Now the led is purple and the yellow **** chart is at 100 %. In a moment, I will cut power to the Flex and see if that restores it. I had to do that once before on another upgrade. Thanks for the responses. 73, Jim
  • James Del Principe
    edited January 2017
    Options
    OK, at this point, I let it update SW for quite some time now. The yellow **** chart was at maximum for a very long time. I shut down power to the Flex and waited several minutes. I also closed SSDR. When the Flex came up it was flashing green. I rebooted several more time and did another factory reset. It eventually came back up. The Flex is now working at 1.10.8. My memory is wiped clean but that is a small price to pay. Thanks to everyone for their input. I really appreciate the guidance.     73 es Best of 2017, Jim

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.