Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problem with Smartlink networking ONLY on version 2.0.19 Anyone else?

WX7Y
WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
ONLY with version 2.0.19 I have noticed that my remote computers running "SmartLink" has a much harder time connecting and staying connected then I had with version 2.0.17, having audio and or Waterfall issues.
I have tried this with several different computers and networks including verizon aircard, WiFi 5.8Gig connection (2.4Ghz works MUCH better then 5.8GHz WiFi) from another service provider and I have gone back to version 2.0.17 and all tested good. 
I always do a hard reset when I do a update and reload my profiles to clear out any junk left behind. 
If I run SmartVPN on any of my computers on the networks everything works great still. 

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017

When you say remote, how far is remote?

Jim, K6QE

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Well who knows where Verizon routes there traffic and the other provider WAN it is across town on a different provider so who knows how they route traffic, Local 6700 radio is hard wired to ASUS router and remote connection is wireless on another ASUS Router. 

Not sure what the distance has to do with anything between the two SmartSDR versions?
    2.0.17 works good,  2.0.19 ****. 
    OH Maestro also acts the same as SmartSDR running remote.

Bret
    WX7Y
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Bret

Can you downgrade back to 2.0.17 as a test?  It would really help.

Mike

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    yes I already did that twice as I said in my previous messages, 2.0.17 works well and 2.0.19 has issues. 
    running either version with "smartVPN" both version's work very good but of course this was just with my remote computer's as the Maestro doesn't have VPN capabilities.

computers I have tested with:
    Mac book Pro / Boot-camp / WIN-10  WiFi
    2 separate Panasonic Tough books CF-53 / WIN-10 1 on WiFi the other Verizon.

tested network speed on 6700 WAN network, 80MB Download,  85MB Upload during the busy evening times.

I will try my IPad tonight and see how it acts between the two versions on both my other WAN and Verizon with both 2.019 and 2.0.17 on the radio.

Thanks
    Bret
    WX7Y
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    Ah, sorry I missed that. That is key. Can I get you to open a support case?
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2017
    No Problem, I can do a support ticket
    Thanks
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I haven't noticed a difference at all between the 2, but it doesn't help that my internet provider somehow managed to reduce my upload from 1.4M to 700k of very bad performance.  I even took my modem over the to pole plugged it in on a UPS just to prove it wasn't on my property (it is at ground level and also on my property-I told them I was going to do that).  Now, there key IT person isn't calling me back.  They have really **** up something.  
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I tried my iPad Air and there was NO problems when running either on my 2nd WAN provider using WiFi or running on Verizon so looks like it doesn't effect it the IOS devices app. Bret WX7Y

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.