Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problem with radio starting on wrong antenna, and have to hit XVTB and back to ANT1

Jeff WB4TT
Jeff WB4TT Member ✭✭
I am having to hit Antenna and go to XVTB, and then back to ANT1, on the Flex 6600M. This has just started the last few days. It will have a REAL high noise floor and have to put the WNB on to use the radio if I don't do this.
Anyone have any answer, or seen this happen, and a answer to this.
Thanks, Jeff WB4TT

Comments

• Mark WS7M
    Mark WS7M Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I am guessing that you saved either a global profile or a TX profile and that profile is being restored when you start the radio.

Try this:

Start your radio,
    Select desired antennas
    Go to "Profiles" menu, select "Profile manager"
    Select the "Global" tab
    See what name is shown the box.  If named then hit "Save"
    If not named, give it a name then hit "Save"

This will save all your settings in that profile.  When you start the radio the next time it should return to this profile and your antenna should be set.
  • Jeff WB4TT
    Jeff WB4TT Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I have tried this over and over, but any profile you have saved that has the ANT1 in it will go to a High Noise Floor, and signals are all reading higher then they should. Only way to get it to go back to the correct Antenna is to go to the XVTB, which I can hear the relay click, and then click back to ANT!.

When I tell it to load any profile that has ANT1 Saved it goes to the high noise floor and wrong antenna, (almost like the ANT1 port has been renamed in some way.

This is a problem, and also does the same thing when I got to the IOS software, and wondering if any others have had this problem.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    This sounds like something a factory reset would fix...  Have you tried that?    Save a copy of your profiles first..  especially if you have created a lot of them.
  • Jeff WB4TT
    Jeff WB4TT Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    No change with radio after exporting my profiles, then doing a factory reset on the radio. Imported profiles, and still have to go through the same procedures to get it to go to ANT1. 

Any others have any ideas, or have you seen this problem?

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    When you export your profiles, try unchecking preferences which i think is persistence and then import them after your factory reset.
  • Jeff WB4TT
    Jeff WB4TT Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Tried doing the export, with no Preferences checked, and still the same thing. Have to go through the same thing by clicking to XVTB (hear the relay click) then go back to ANT1 to bring things back to normal. This is after I do the factory reset.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Can you re-write the profile for the Band,Mode Antenna choice you wan and then go to another profile and back to the one you just saved and have the radio set up properly?  If not a request to the help desk is in order.
  • Jeff WB4TT
    Jeff WB4TT Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I just tried writing a new profile, both with new transmit, and microphone and then saved it to a test name under global, and when I change from one global profile and back to it, it stays on the wrong antenna setup.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I see you have a 6600M...   Can you open a second pan on Ant2 and have that side switch properly?The real high noise floor sounds suspicious. Is your radio on the PEN recall list?
  • Jeff WB4TT
    Jeff WB4TT Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I don't have anything hooked on the Ant2, but will do that this evening. Yes, it is suppose to get the PEN recall, and filled all the info to send it back. Will tell you of the results
  • Jeff WB4TT
    Jeff WB4TT Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Larry. K1UO, I think I found the problem, and don't know how they do it, but when I went to change antennas and put it over to #2, the connector was loose. It went into a good Amphenol Elbow, but had come a bit unscrewed. I will keep an eye on it, but THINK that was the problem.

I still need to get all the PEN recall done when they send me the info to send the radio back.

Thanks for making me unscrew the antenna and what a simple fix it was.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.