Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

problem with license to version 2

ole puschl
ole puschl Member
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
No access to radio after upgrading to smart sdr v 2

I have updated to version 2 and have paid via the "buy" button.

The purchase is shown in my account at flexradio and the amount is deducted from my paypall account.

Unfortunately, I have not been granted permission to open the radio.

Comments

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Please completely remove the DC power from the radio and try again. We have seen this in a few cases.

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.
  • ole puschl
    ole puschl Member
    edited July 2017
    The radio was not connected to the internet - Shame on me !. Every thing is ok now.
    Thanks to Tim for the quick reply
  • W9TVX
    W9TVX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Same issue here. Tried the DC disconnect to no avail. Paid using direct credit card. I've filed a ticket, but am posting here for others who may be having the same problem. 
  • tomswango
    tomswango Member
    edited December 2017
    Just upgraded and have the same problem
    How do I fix it
  • Jim  KJ7S
    Jim KJ7S Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Help ticket is the way to go after you have cleared the "brain ****" channel hihihi. Dudley and the engineering crew cleared up my problems in a day or two and made a huge difference in my attitude later that day for sure. Many thanks to all those who respond with good stuff to try and the Help Ticket thing works super,super good guys n gals. Don't hesitate to give them a jingle or fill  a ticket and you will soon be in play mode again!   '73' and a Happy New Year to All!!
    jim
    KJ7S
  • W9TVX
    W9TVX Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    My issue was that the software could connect to the license server. I had a setup where I had a back haul link to my main router via a gateway in my shed. I ended up directly connecting my radio to my router to get the license. That fixed the issue. Moved the radio back and things are fine
  • Bill Hassan - K1SM
    edited December 2017
    I am having a similar problem. Just bought 2.0.19.
    Followed the WO2X video,and figured I'd do it from the Maestro.
    All went well until I tried to refresh. Got nothing. I was able to set up a SmartLink acct no problem, and when it asks me to pick a version and I highlighted 2.0.19, there are no "up or down arrows" next to it, so I figured that 2.0.19 was installed in the 6500. Hit the refresh icon, and nothing.

Gave up on doing it on the Maestro, and went to the 6500. Downloaded and re-installed 2.0.19. Went to fire up the program, and it said License required. Having just purchased it, I hit the refresh button. It says contacting server for a few secs, and then does nothing. Rebooted the computer, rebooted and powered off the 6500, a few times. Same results.

The Computer goes into a ethernet hub, and the 6500 goes into the same hub. The hub output goes straight to the router in the other room. I had read that the 6500 has to go directly to the router and not through the computer, but would connecting it to a switch make a difference?

If I get a 100' ethernet cable from the 6500 to the router, the computer would still be connected to the hub.

Obviously I'm missing something here. Ideas?
    Tnx and HNY!

Bill, K1SM

• W9TVX
    W9TVX Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I would suggest trying to connect the 6500 straight to the hub. That sorted it out for me. If that doesn't work open up a ticket and Tim and co. can jump in and help
  • Bill Hassan - K1SM
    edited December 2017
    Thanks for the reply!   -- It is. The 6500 goes to the hub, and the computer goes to another port on the same hub.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.