Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problem when opening 2M slice, all other open slices change to match 2M slice?

Watts - K4QJZ
Watts - K4QJZ Member ✭✭
edited September 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
When I select 2 Meters the radio switches all the open slices (2-8) to 2 meters. It does not appear to matter what band they are on. All slices receive and transmit on 2 M if I select and test each one.

If I change one to another band it becomes unpredictable if it will work as expected or if it will cause other bands to reset to the same band. The 2 M band will not always stay on 2 meters, majority of the time it too switches.

There does not appear to be a reliable way to select 2 Meters and not have it affect the other slices that are open.

Single slice mode, operation appears to act normal.

This problem existed with the previous software update as well; I was hoping the 1.43 version would fix it. I have not tried the latest version due to some of the other reported issues. New Memory functions work well on 2 Meters.

Suggestions/recommendation welcome!

Watts

K4QJZ

System configuration

Flex 6700 Signature

Flex software 1.43

Apple Macintosh OS 10.9.5 (DESKTOP, 2009)

Dual Quad Cores

16G Memory

100G solid state Boot Drive (60 G to Windows) (4 Terabyte additional internal Storage)

Apple optional High-end video card (2 G memory)

Dual Monitors

Running in Direct Boot mode into Windows 7 Pro 64 bit (7.6 windows system speed test.)

(Same issue if running Parallel version 10 but less main memory available and slower)

Hard wire Gigabit Ethernet to Hub then to Radio (Hub connected to dedicated port on Router, Gigabit ports. (Wireless or wired same conditions) 35-50 Meg download, 10-25M upload, Comcast.

Comments

• Jim Hope
    Jim Hope Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019

I get similar results.  Windows 7 pro,  Flex 6700   

Before selecting 2M band

After selection of 2M band on slice A

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited July 2017
    This is a known issue with the FLEX-6700 related to having one antenna in two Nyquist zones and an interaction with band persistence.  This is documented in the Known Issue section of the SmartSDR for Windows Release Notes.
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Any idea if it will be addressed in the next release?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    At this time I can't say for certain that either it will or will not be included in the next release.

There is a workaround.  Open a new panadapter with a new slice.  Put the slice RX/TX on XVTR and then manually enter the 2m frequency.
  • Watts - K4QJZ
    Watts - K4QJZ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Thanks for the help, we will try that.
      Watts
      K4QJZ
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Tim.  A while back I did exactly what you said and created a profile with a couple panadapters and slices.  The other day I decided to create a new profile and couldn't remember how to do the VHF panadapter.   Geez, I'm not really that old yet either!
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Tim,  Is this issue being addressed in the upcoming release?   2m really is clunky to use especially on a 6700 with 8 slices available. 
  • kk4x
    kk4x Member
    edited December 2016
    I also am experiencing the same  144 mhz issues..
    tnx
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    If you do not see it listed in the release notes, it hasn't been addressed.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.