Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problem w/6400 and PTT

Barry Young
Barry Young Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
On a previous post, I indicated that my 6400 was having issues transmitting with the included stock mic. Well after further review, it might be a PTT issue. I purchased a PTT switch and hooked it up to the RCA PTT jack on the back of the 6400. Currently I can transmit via my PC headset by clicking the MOX button and it works fine. However, pressing the PTT switch I connected, it is doing the exact same as the stock mic which was connected to the same PTT jack. No audio or modulation during transmittion. Am I missing a setting? Or is there a potential hardware problem? Any Ideas? Thanks!

Answers

• VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Have you checked your TX settings are set to enable? Settings - Radio Setup - TX - RCA TX 1,2,3 I have a 6700 but your rig should be similar
  • Barry Young
    Barry Young Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Thank you for the reply. They are all enabled and set to value of zero.
  • Dudley  WA5QPZ
    Dudley WA5QPZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    If you MOX button keys the radio, then the rear PTT , should also work, time to turn in HelpDesk ticket , http://helpdesk.flexradio.com .
  • Barry Young
    Barry Young Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Thank you I will do that..
  • Rick Hadley - W0FG
    Rick Hadley - W0FG Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I had a similar intermittent problem, and solved it with a very slight squeeze of the RCA barrel using a set of pliers. It apparently wasn’t making solid contact.
  • Barry Young
    Barry Young Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    The PTT triggers, and the radio goes into transmit mode, just no modulation as it does via MOX. I opened a help desk issue. I don’t want to do anything that might void the warranty. Thanks!
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

Check that the Microphone selection (Mic/Bal....) matches how you have it wired. 

GL & 73

Steve K9ZW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.