Problem w/6400 and PTT

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • (Edited)
On a previous post, I indicated that my 6400 was having issues transmitting with the included stock mic. Well after further review, it might be a PTT issue.

I purchased a PTT switch and hooked it up to the RCA PTT jack on the back of the 6400. Currently I can transmit via my PC headset by clicking the MOX button and it works fine. However, pressing the PTT switch I connected, it is doing the exact same as the stock mic which was connected to the same PTT jack. No audio or modulation during transmittion. Am I missing a setting? Or is there a potential hardware problem?

Any Ideas?

Thanks!
Photo of Barry Young

Barry Young

• 55 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Winston VK7WH

Winston VK7WH

• 248 Posts
  • 42 Reply Likes
Have you checked your TX settings are set to enable?

Settings - Radio Setup - TX - RCA TX 1,2,3

I have a 6700 but your rig should be similar
Photo of Barry Young

Barry Young

• 55 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thank you for the reply.

They are all enabled and set to value of zero.
Photo of Dudley - WA5QPZ

Dudley - WA5QPZ, Elmer

• 54 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
If you MOX button keys the radio, then the rear PTT , should also work, time to turn in HelpDesk ticket , http://helpdesk.flexradio.com .
Photo of Barry Young

Barry Young

• 55 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thank you I will do that..
Photo of Rick Hadley - W0FG

Rick Hadley - W0FG

• 579 Posts
  • 121 Reply Likes
I had a similar intermittent problem, and solved it with a very slight squeeze of the RCA barrel using a set of pliers. It apparently wasn’t making solid contact.
Photo of Barry Young

Barry Young

• 55 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
The PTT triggers, and the radio goes into transmit mode, just no modulation as it does via MOX. I opened a help desk issue. I don’t want to do anything that might void the warranty.

Thanks!
Photo of Steve K9ZW

Steve K9ZW, Elmer

• 1278 Posts
  • 656 Reply Likes

Check that the Microphone selection (Mic/Bal....) matches how you have it wired. 

GL & 73

Steve K9ZW