Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problem sixteen relay card to switch band

Hello,
I buy a sixteen relay card http://denkovi.com/usb-16-relay-board to switch band filters attached to the Flex6500 is recognized as eight relays but it does not work.
Any solution, or is it incompatible?
TNX 73 Fabrizio IK6DLK

Comments

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I think sir we would need to know how you are trying to connect it?

I doubt it is immediately compatible but with some work and probably some extra stuff it could be made to work.
  • IK6DLK Fabrizio
    edited December 2018
    Connected directly to the Flex-6500 via USB as the eight-relay card https://denkovi.com/usb-eight-channel-relay-board-for-automation that works perfectly. The new sixteen relay card is recognized as an 8 relay but does not work.
  • Lee Maisel
    Lee Maisel Member
    edited December 2017
    Yes, I too have one of these sixteen relay cards and have no doubt there is some configuration file somewhere that can be modified to address the additional relays properly.   But that is something FLex needs to provide since it's part of their software.  Unless they can just point us all in the correct direction.

• IK6DLK Fabrizio
    edited December 2018
    I also believe that it is necessary a FlexRadio software intervention to solve the problem, but now everything is silent .... Tim also has no solutions. We hope that Christmas brings this gift ....
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2017
    From what we have determined the 16 port version of the board does not work.  But the 8 port version of the relays do work and using 2 of the 8-ports rather than 2 16-port relay cards provide the same functionality.  We do not have any code specific to the 8-port board or the 16 port board.  These devices will either work as BCD devices or not.

I will submit a feature request to evaluate supporting this device, but it is not something that we will address in the near future since using 2 of the 8-port boards are a functional workaround.

• IK6DLK Fabrizio
    edited December 2017
    Thanks Tim the exhaustive answer and commitment to a future solution.
    73 Fabrizio
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I didn't see DDUtil mentioned, I believe this software will run the board.
  • IK6DLK Fabrizio
    edited December 2018
    Test performed with DDUtil does not work, but in the DDUtil manual it is indicated with which card works only 8-port.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.