Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problem Reporting question.

Harold Rosee
Harold Rosee Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have a quick question on problem reporting.  I found an issue and searched the forums to see if it had been discussed before.  I found that it had. I spent quite a bit of time to see if I could recreate the problem and was able to do it at will. I took notes and screen shots.  My question is do I report it as a new issue or should I some how add it  to the existing issue assuming I can find it?  The thread was closed so I can't add the info there.

Here is the link to the post I am referring to:
https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/anyone-else-notice-their-6xxx-not-changing-bands?to...

I can recreate this at will and also get a good screen dump of error that may help.  Just don't know the best way to pass the info on.

Thanks,

Harold

Answers

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Notice the "Official Reply" in that thread. Once the problem has been "logged by FRS Engineering", that means it is duly noted and on the list of bugs to be fixed.
  • Dewey WØYWW
    Dewey WØYWW Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I had a similar band changing problem last night with Maestro, using v1.9.9.20 because it would not update to v1.9.13.  I could change to any band except 12M (using Maestro band buttons), but I could go to the 12M band by typing in the frequency, just not by using the band frequency button.  However, upgrade to v1.9.13 today, appears to have resolved that issue.
  • Harold Rosee
    Harold Rosee Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    BTW, Give this a try and see if you can do it.

1. Start SmartSDR.
    2. Note the band it comes up on.  In this example mine is on 20 meters.
    3. Select a Memory on a different band.  I selected on on 40 meters from a memory.
    4. Using the Band buttons select back to the original band of 20 meters.  You will notice the volume goes real loud.
    5. Using the band buttons and go back to 40 meters. Your slice will go away!! Volume goes back down.  I think it's still on 20 meters but didn't check.

Do this enough times in one session and you get a screen dump of errors when you try and stop the program.  It's something to do with switching between memories and Bands.  I can do this over and over.  I am new to SmartSDR so 1.9.9 was the first release I used and it was happening there.  I waited for the next release, now on 1.9.13, and it's still happening.

Let me know if you can recreate this.  Hope this makes sense. 

Harold
  • Harold Rosee
    Harold Rosee Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    I understand that but I have information to pass on that may be helpful.  Thus my question.

• Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    If you have any info, just open a helpdesk ticket and tell them in the notes that you understand this may be a duplicate but here may be some usefull info. Flex can then figure out how to handle it and you may have contributed additional info Cheers!
  • Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    The implication is that they are able to reproduce the problem and they have the ball. Usually, the only time they will ask for additional information is if they are unable to reproduce the problem. But hey, post everything ya got. Cheers,
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Were your memories created with previous versions? Try creating a couple of memories with 1.9.13 in the same bands to see if the problem persists. I think that adding extra information is helpful and if more people suffer the bug it might rise up in the priority list.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Harold,

Bob is correct.  If we have entered it into our bug tracker, it means there is a high probability that the issue is a defect and requires additional investigation by our engineering team.

We always welcome additional information.  More is always better than less.

There is an easy "rule of thumb" to follow.  If you want to communicate something officially to FelxRadio systems about an issue that may or may not have been previously reported, open a HelPDesk support ticket. (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com).  While I do my best to read every post on the community, there are times where this isn't possible, so entering a HD ticket will get to the support team and they will direct it to the appropriate person to update the defect report.

The defect in question, #4064 is slated to be addressed in the next general release of SmartSDR.  I say "slated", because it has been scheduled, but work has not started on it.

• Harold Rosee
    Harold Rosee Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Tim,  Thanks for the reply.  I did try and open a ticket last night.  It appeared to go through and the last screen told me to watch my EMAIL so I could validate it or something similar.  I never received anything so not sure what happened.  I basically pasted the info from here on how to recreate the issue.  If you find it useful feel free to copy it into a ticket.  For some reason I don't seem to be able to open one.

Thanks,

Harold
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Check SPAM folder. Helpdesk tickets from Tim go to SPAM in my gmail account.
  • Harold Rosee
    Harold Rosee Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Not there.  Already checked but thanks for the suggestion.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Harold, I do not see any recent HelpDesk support submissions under your account.
  • Harold Rosee
    Harold Rosee Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    I'll try again tonight.  I signed into the forums here with my facebook account but when I made a couple of purchases yesterday I used my email and password.  I may have things messed up on my end.  No telling but I'll try again.
  • Harold Rosee
    Harold Rosee Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Tim,

I got it entered.  Somehow I have a couple different accounts set up.  I use hotmail and it lets you set up an alias. When I changed my call from wa5zzt to w5zzt I set up an alias email for the new call.  My purchases are under the new email and my ID here and on the support site are under my old email.  A little confusing but I got it figured out now.

Harold
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    :-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.