PROBLEM - 6700 timebase drifting/sweeping maybe +/- 500 Hz on 2M

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Acknowledged
PROBLEM: 6700 'drifting' maybe 500 HZ on 2M back and forth in freq over a 7 second period. It always stays within the same boundaries. Tune in a carrier and tune for 750 Hz beat, audio will vary from 500 Hz to 1000 Hz over a 7 second interval. Lines in the waterfall are curved accordingly. The frequency swing is reduced on lower bands - less and less as you go lower as one might expect if the master timebase were moving.  This started just after 1.8.4 install but I downgraded back to 1.8.3 and then 1.7 and nothing changed So back to 1.8.4 now. If radio is rebooted, some times the problem might stop for a while but then restarts the drifting. In the timebase cal procedure, I had always had a result of -950 +/_ 25 ppb 0r so before this issue. Now if I do the recal, always using a good strong 15MHz WWV, every time is a different result - maybe -400 ppb , maybe -2500 ppb or anywhere.So this might give some insight as to source of problem. I do NOT have a GPS based timebase option.  Any ideas ??? Steve K8DZ       
Photo of Steve  K8DZ

Steve K8DZ

• 14 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 8670 Posts
  • 3253 Reply Likes
Official Response
I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.